(we need a) Striker......... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

(we need a) Striker.........

Feb 26, 2011
I think it is safe to say we need not just one striker but a couple. Is there any out there that anybody knows of? I would be tempted to push Ladji up there myself he is big pressence and when Baz comes back he will add pace and experience to the side. Worth a go i feel.

A

Argyle1886

Hmmm?

Kettering Town put 11 players on transfer list.

Ashikodi, Marna, David Bridges and Jerel Ifil are available for loan or transfer, if a price can be agreed.

Sol Davis, Phil Ifil, Leon McKenzie, Steven Meechan, Jaime Navarro, Pat Noubissie and Djoumin Sangare can be signed or borrowed without a fee.

Aug 29, 2008
Dickinson played yesterday but point taken...

MacKensie could do a job. Got into double figures in this league last season and scored freely this year so far. Not the big target man we need but useful.

We need someone by Saturday with Feeney away.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
semper crudus":11wybqsn said:
Dickinson played yesterday but point taken...

MacKensie could do a job. Got into double figures in this league last season and scored freely this year so far. Not the big target man we need but useful.

We need someone by Saturday with Feeney away.

Indeed, but I don't see anyone coming until the takeover is completed and people are being paid. Hopefully not too much longer until that is the case.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
daveburns1985":1vsdi7f6 said:
I think it is safe to say we need not just one striker but a couple. Is there any out there that anybody knows of? I would be tempted to push Ladji up there myself he is big pressence and when Baz comes back he will add pace and experience to the side. Worth a go i feel.

+ a 6' 6" target man who is agile and fast on his feet. I blame Guiltyfoile for sticking with the vertically challenged one from across the Tamar for far to long when even when even the numptiest fan could see that BIL was a non starter. This has left the team short on players that they need. We cannot blame the players that we have as they are giving 110% at every game. :scarf:

S

Steve Bond

Argyle1886":2asmwdqe said:
Hmmm?

Kettering Town put 11 players on transfer list.

Ashikodi, Marna, David Bridges and Jerel Ifil are available for loan or transfer, if a price can be agreed.

Sol Davis, Phil Ifil, Leon McKenzie, Steven Meechan, Jaime Navarro, Pat Noubissie and Djoumin Sangare can be signed or borrowed without a fee.

I'm just going from memory, but isn't Ashikodi, Moses Ashikodi? was once a striker of some promise? McKenzie would do a decent job at this level. The Ifil brothers, one is a defender, and one a winger if i recall, Sol Davis an adventurous left back, which we don't really need. Could be worse signings though.

P

Paul_Roberts

We desperately need Barnet, Bradford and Hereford to maintain their poor form. It's very early days, but it looks like it could be two from the four of us to go down (how depressing does that sound?).

If we don't manage to bring in decent recruits to bolster the squad, then I think we may as well start planning trips to Braintree and Ebbsfleet now. Last week was encouraging, but I don't think our current squad has enough quality to keep us in the league.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
It's critical we recruit a striker with physical presence, and bhasera back from injury would be massive boost, even if we just get him back for a few games before his inevitable January transfer.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think Lecointe is one to watch out for in the future but its unfair to be throwing him in at the deep end. He is a promising young lad.
Hitchcock is young but hes only on loan and hes not good enough, weak and positional sense is poor, however he does provide another option in the way of pace, happy birthday to him anyway.
I think Feeney is a decent striker, and Fletcher has given two interviews allready praising him, he does bags for the team and puts in a good shift, with a big man next to him I think he can score plenty of goals, glad hes our player.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Paul_Roberts":1zi11k9d said:
We desperately need Barnet, Bradford and Hereford to maintain their poor form. It's very early days, but it looks like it could be two from the four of us to go down (how depressing does that sound?).

If we don't manage to bring in decent recruits to bolster the squad, then I think we may as well start planning trips to Braintree and Ebbsfleet now. Last week was encouraging, but I don't think our current squad has enough quality to keep us in the league.

Agreed. That was a relegation performance, against no great shakes.

As for Soukouna, seems to end up falling over each and every time he's found in possession. Biggest joke of a performance in a green shirt I've seen since Taribo.

Feeney may huff and puff but really doesn't look the part either.

P

Pompeygreen

We certainly need some height. Long balls aimed at a small front man were never going to get us anything. We didn't win many headers all day all over the pitch. Contrast it with their no 23 who won everything against our centre backs. A tall mobile target man (not fallon, I said mobile :lol: ) is a necessity in this league and feaney can feed off him. The difference with the Macclesfield game was the long balls being put in space out wide to run onto. We really didn't create anything yesterday. We need someone to offer some threat up front or we will soon be sunk.

Feb 29, 2008
Gary_Wills":3sf1a8vn said:
Paul_Roberts":3sf1a8vn said:

Agreed. That was a relegation performance, against no great shakes.

As for Soukouna, seems to end up falling over each and every time he's found in possession. Biggest joke of a performance in a green shirt I've seen since Taribo.

Feeney may huff and puff but really doesn't look the part either.

Sorry but Crawley are top of the league, which is as high as you can get in our league :doh: