A few points from last night. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

A few points from last night.

A

Anonymous

It was a great chance to see things from a different perspective last night and it's fair to say that Webby and I were like kids in a sweet shop. From a normal fan's point of view, it was an eye opener.

Darren Purse sat next to us, after being introduced to both Chris and I at the pre match meal in the board room.

His exact words were 'I'll give 110% to Argyle, I'll play until I drop and I'll die for the club. I'll put my arms around the players that want that, and I'll bang heads of those that can handle that, as well as need it'.

He and his wife Lindsey (sp??) were both extremely impressive, they had done their homework, they've been down to Plymouth and like the place. They now know a lot more about our wonderful City and the surrounding environs.

Because of the impression that man left on us last night, I think it fair to say that we were more upbeat than anyone who did not hear what we did, which is everyone. :crazy:

JB was fuming last night, he was almost speechless he was so annoyed, it took a good 15 minutes for Webby, Peter Jones and myself to bring him back to what we're used to.

If anyone thinks that JB is not going to correct this mess, then they are very much under the wrong impression.

The game? Total crap, totally embarrassed, we were outplayed and outfought by a 7th division side. Our 'Captain' went missing yet again, for the 2nd time in two games, and that must be sorted.

There is a lot of time for this mess to be sorted, but we must all remember, this 'window' that we are operating in, is one of non contract and loanees, and to be fair to all, we can't use our 'spending power' (term used losely, but truly) until January 1st.

We're inn trouble, so are other teams, thing is, we are paying good money (way to good for some of the 'player's we witnessed last night) and that will work in our favour when the wallet can be opened.

Stourbridge were a credit to football last night, we were the opposite. We let the football league down last night, we were THAT bad.

Relegated, no way, but it's a dark period in our history, that's for sure.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Thanks for that Ian. I know you and Webby must feel like you're banging you heads against the wall but posts like this (and Chris's last night) really do keep the majority of us going.

D

deanthegreenmachine

thanks Ian.....its good to get the real facts sometimes.....its good to hear

Sep 4, 2011
Southampton
Sounds like Purse is the kind of player we need right now. From what he said to you is more than what a majority of the players showed on the pitch last night on national television :doh: . Come to think of it, saturdays team will be a bit more promising with Purse and Sutherland (who looked good against torquay) coming in, but these next 3 games need to be fought for. I for one wishes January 1st would come sooner.

On a further note i would just like to thank you and chris webb for what your doing for the club and how you represent the fans opinions and feelings at a higher level within the club :clap:

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
IJN":e8qtn3tb said:
It was a great chance to see things from a different perspective last night and it's fair to say that Webby and I were like kids in a sweet shop. From a normal fan's point of view, it was an eye opener.

Darren Purse sat next to us, after being introduced to both Chris and I at the pre match meal in the board room.

His exact words were 'I'll give 110% to Argyle, I'll play until I drop and I'll die for the club. I'll put my arms around the players that want that, and I'll bang heads of those that can handle that, as well as need it'.

He and his wife Lindsey (sp??) were both extremely impressive, they had done their homework, they've been down to Plymouth and like the place. They now know a lot more about our wonderful City and the surrounding environs.

Because of the impression that man left on us last night, I think it fair to say that we were more upbeat than anyone who did not hear what we did, which is everyone. :crazy:

JB was fuming last night, he was almost speechless he was so annoyed, it took a good 15 minutes for Webby, Peter Jones and myself to bring him back to what we're used to.

If anyone thinks that JB is not going to correct this mess, then they are very much under the wrong impression.

The game? Total crap, totally embarrassed, we were outplayed and outfought by a 7th division side. Our 'Captain' went missing yet again, for the 2nd time in two games, and that must be sorted.

There is a lot of time for this mess to be sorted, but we must all remember, this 'window' that we are operating in, is one of non contract and loanees, and to be fair to all, we can't use our 'spending power' (term used losely, but truly) until January 1st.

We're inn trouble, so are other teams, thing is, we are paying good money (way to good for some of the 'player's we witnessed last night) and that will work in our favour when the wallet can be opened.

Stourbridge were a credit to football last night, we were the opposite. We let the football league down last night, we were THAT bad.

Relegated, no way, but it's a dark period in our history, that's for sure.

JB has said he knows very little about football. He certainly has no contacts in the biz.

So we're pinning our hopes on Darren Purse to keep us up?

I'm worried.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
monkeywrench":1xng54te said:
Thanks for that Ian. I know you and Webby must feel like you're banging you heads against the wall but posts like this (and Chris's last night) really do keep the majority of us going.

:iagree: It's reassuring to be told by those who are "in the know", as opposed to those who "think they know," that the plight we are in is recognised by the powers that be and that positive measures are being taken to get us out of it.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
Great to hear what Purse had to say and thats certainly the attitude needed. But I suspect for many fans at the moment action is what needs to be seen in order to calm their nerves, rather than words.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We should view last night as our lowest point on the pitch and use the arrival of Darren Purse as a catalyst for better things, starting with a win against Northampton on Saturday.
Forget last night and move on, the league is more important.

"We were barren until Darren". :thumbup:

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":32g8v47r said:
We should view last night as our lowest point on the pitch and use the arrival of Darren Purse as a catalyst for better things, starting with a win against Northampton on Saturday.
Forget last night and move on, the league is more important.

"We were barren until Darren". :thumbup:

We used to curse before Purse :thumbs:

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
IJN":yczafgvs said:
ElDuderino":yczafgvs said:
I'm worried.

It's more like 'blind'.

:wave:

We have a massive lack of experience running from boardroom level down to management level down to the playing staff.

That is a worry.

If we're relying on Mr Purse who probably has more red cards than goals to his name to keep us up then again that is a massive worry.

T

Tim Chown

We need a beast. It seems we have secured one.

A Cup run would have been fantastic, not least as I understand the profits would have been used in part to accelerate the staff repayments. But we are where we are, out of the Cup and five points adrift from League 2 safety. That said, there are still 28 games and 84 points to play for over the next six months.

I'm certainly hoping Purse will be an impact player for us, and that we can start to turn the corner this Saturday. That someone of his reputation is arriving is a reason to have optimism, and is something I'm looking forward to this weekend. My FansFest ticket is booked :)

Of course there are many problems to sort out, and turning the club around will take time. But a win against Northampton and things will begin to look very different. We have to forget about where we think we belong in the League and scrap for every point available, and it sounds like Purse is up for that!

G

greenblood79

all a nice post and plenty of names dropped, I will give you that.

But for you to state we will not be relegated really does beggar belief.

we don't score goals and we ship goals like there is no tomorrow, no matter who the opposition is. We are on a downward slide which has been going on for 3 years. We have a team of kids and a manager who is not a qualified manager or coach.

we are as good as down.

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Good insight Ian, nice post....although seeing you on the TV hob nobbing it with the greater good is turning you into a plastic :greensmile:

2 things...

1, my big concern is James's statement about Fletch, we are so void of ideas and tacticts its frightening, I firmly beleive we need a 'manager' in place if we are to get out of this.

2, I really wish I shared your optimism about staying up, we are so bad that relegation seems more probable than possible, we have no divine right to stay in this league....lets see what Saturday brings :scarf:

GEM