Not open for further replies.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Following on from the Greatest Striker thread; just for fun we'll run a series of polls throughout the summer to find Pasoti's all-time Greatest Argyle Team.

We'll look for the best keeper, right-back, left-back, dominant centre-back, support centre-back, right-winger, attacking/creative central midfielder, defensive central midfielder, left-winger, targetman striker and finally the best second striker.

For this thread we'll start with the keeper, so please post the names of Argyle goalkeepers who you think should be included in the poll.
Once we have a list of nominations for the keeper position we'll run the actual poll to find Argyle's Greatest keeper and then we'll move onto the right-back position and ask for nominations and so on.

The team we eventually select may not be perfect and the experts may not agree but at least it will be chosen by us, the fans!

Argyle's Greatest Keeper nominations:

I’ll start – Alan Miller.

Over to you……

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I'll go for the brilliant late Alan Nicholls, not only for his ability but also his personality. He was a joy to watch and be around.

Mar 30, 2006
Plymouth
I would have said Alan Miller, however he was only an Argyle player for a few months, so I will throw in Jim Furnell for consideration

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
GreenSam":1ir6wo23 said:
From my era, Luke McCormick has been the best keeper for me.

Good call, but I'd go for Alan Nicholls, it's a shame we only saw him for one season. He could have gone all the way to the top, Joe Hart reminds me of him a bit.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
From my time watching Argyle I would say its very close between Alan Nichols and Alan Miller with Alan Nichols coming out marginally on top, however Rhys Wilmot and le keeper get honourable mentions as well.

Mar 6, 2011
London / Plymouth
Got to be Le Keeps for me, incredibly loyal, great bloke, and always been there since my first match.
Not the best kicker, (Which I quite enjoyed, I must admit) but fantastic reflexes and shot stopping.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I only go back as far as Peter Shilton and Ray Newland but since that time I think the only ones deserving of a place in the poll are Alan Nicholls, Luke McCormick and Romain Larrieu. Mind you, of those three, there's a clear winner as far as I am concerned in terms of being the best actual goalkeeper as opposed to being the best goalkeeper for the club over an extended period. Alan Nicholls was "electric".

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Alan Miller was brilliant but he was only here for 3 months so I'm going for Rhys Wilmot.

G

Greenskin

Argyle have had some pretty good ones over the years,Paul Barron was excellent,Martin Hodge went onto better things as did Aleksic.One of the most underrated keepers was Rhys Wilmot,he still looked pretty good in a testimonial game at HP a few years ago.Larrieu was desperately unlucky with injuries and illness,could have been the best,different class to McCormick.Cherry,Crudgie,Big Jim,Dunne,Neil Sheepsarse all very competent.I'd have to pick Barron overall though,even if he wasn't exactly with us for a long spell.

Jun 5, 2010
Crudgie and Larreiu were my favourites,not necessary the best.Anyone remember Neil Hards?

Status
Not open for further replies.