Aldershot - the 6 pointer of our history | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Aldershot - the 6 pointer of our history

Aug 13, 2011
Never mind if we are being positive or negative, reflective or intuitive, the fact now is the forthcoming game at Aldershot has to be the most vital in the Club's history, I'd say EVER!! If an escape is ever going to be on then the team just above us is not one to lose to when you have played more games than most down there, I think including them. On Saturday a lot of boys in Green shirts must become men in armour. Our fans must infilitrate the place in even heavier numbers than usual and we must give as good as we get on the field of battle and not for a second be negatively leaning on a drawn sword.

I think Paul Sheridan has the right approach but he has been given so little time to about- turn the ship through 180 degrees by a certain non-decision to carry on regardless months ago. But we have what we have and it is massively important to get a result there. If not the water is not trickling but flooding in.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
If we get bad results this month I fear the worst. We ought to be looking for a win this weekend, a draw might be acceptable on the face of it but each draw puts more pressure on to the next result and we can't afford to keep doing that.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I certainly have more faith in our defence now. I'm happy to have a repeat of scrappy 1-0 and 0-0's to keep us up.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Rochdale away might well be a pointer of our future but saturday is just another match.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
oddball":ztc3s9mk said:
Rochdale away might well be a pointer of our future but saturday is just another match.

Already got hotel booked for that one across the border in Yorkshire.

Now, all I need is a ticket...........

Mar 23, 2008
I think Paul Sheridan will do well. If we have amalgamated Paul Sturrock and John Sheridan that's a sure fire winner.

Mar 21, 2008
Historically in recent years these massive/must win/6 pointers have not been kind to us, and I'm afraid this one bares all the hallmarks of that fatefull day in Vicarage Road...

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i tend to agree with the opening post.this is probably the biggest match in our history.i really hope ugwu and harvey are playing.i am bricking it until we are safe.

Nov 4, 2012
Steve Evans":1de3xt2b said:
i tend to agree with the opening post.this is probably the biggest match in our history.i really hope ugwu and harvey are playing.i am bricking it until we are safe.

High possibility they could both be injured for saturday.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":3cb4u330 said:

Aldershot away the biggest match in our history. Get real!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Rob_GT4":1wlqm1w9 said:
Historically in recent years these massive/must win/6 pointers have not been kind to us, and I'm afraid this one bares all the hallmarks of that fatefull day in Vicarage Road...

Agree. In recent years we have been particularly poor in these games and hence why we have been RELEGATION fodder.

Losing to the mighty Port Vale, Gillingham and all those "big" teams lol doesn't matter but losing to teams competing for RELEGATION does.

After February the fixtures only get tougher so the next 4 or 5 are must wins games as far as I am concerned otherwise we WILL GET RELEGATED

No lucky escape this year

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i think,as has been demonstrated today in the "friendly" against torquay that john sheridan has galvanized the players.saturdays match is massive!