Home Park Redevelopment | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Surely as a businessman, James Brent can see Argyle being a football league club being vital to this redevelopment?

Dec 3, 2005
Why does this seem all wrong to me? It's Argyle the football team that I love and it's that that's being left out in the cold.

£50 million being spent on the Arena, imagine what £1 million of that would do for the football team!!

If Argyle get relegated, they will be playing in the BSP's eqivilant of Wembley.

What Argyle supporter wants to see our beloved Argyle rattling around in the BSP, for maybe years, but have the best facilities that some Championship sides would envy.

Spend some of your money on the TEAM, and give us supporters some respect!!

Aug 26, 2011
Thought the new stand was going to be two tier - but then that would have taken up precious development land - also end of fan fest????

This shows where Brents priorities are - the football club is at a best a hobby - or an increasingly inconvenient pain in the arse.

Looking on the bright side, we could have the best stadium in non league football!!!

Nov 21, 2011
Good to see some progress.

Though there's not a lot of detail there about the new stand aside for the promise of 'improved toilets' and being larger than the current Mayflower stand. No mention of capacity for example which would be most fans first question.

Oh and the picture looks like its been prepared by a small child. A small child without any imagination...

This is just a snide comment of course but the relative styles of the images give the impression that the plans have been prepared with a focus on the cinema and hotel aspect rather than of developing a football stadium.

However if it actually happens and we get an improved stadium for free and extra revenue for the club I won't be complaining.

Apr 4, 2004
Fanbloodytastic. What about the team. What about players. What about running the club like a football club and actually getting to grips with the football stuff.

P

pafcstafford

I think it is two tier the upper tier being exec boxes. The thing that does concern me is the order of building will the grandstand come last, first or all done at the same time. 50 mill certainly shows jb has the cash! And I echo the sentiment of lets have some of that on the field.

But if the best advert for the stand was were have a new toilet should we be worried lol?

Dec 3, 2005
http://www.higherhomepark.co.uk/project-development

The one picture here, showing the end of the Demport, well IMHO it looks aweful.

Where do they plan to put the Memorial Garden, it dosent look like they will keep the 'facade' which many supporters would like, as a conection to the past. Would it not be appropriate to have the facade as an entrance to the Memorial Garden??

**I can't figure out how to add the picture I am referring to **

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Very good news IMO, I know it's hard to consider upgrading the ground when the team is in such a dire position at the moment but in the grand scheme of things I think the new stand and facilities it brings with it will determine Argyle's long term future, we can recover from a relegation this season if we really have to, but Argyle will never progress or maintain a position in the Championship without the facilities to fund it, that is the modern game and it's about time Argyle caught up with it.

Apparently the new stand will be bigger than the current Mayflower capacity, I'd say that was a given really the question is how much bigger? According to the OS it will be the "largest seated area in Devon", I'm not sure if that helps, it's a bit late at night for me to be searching the web for the current record holder on that front.

I think the key part of the development was always the facilities, football clubs can no longer run on ticket sales alone and if we want Argyle to progress then it is vital that we provide more than just football matches.

I've got a link to the OS article which I don't think anyone else has posted on this thread yet, it basically outlines what will be incorporated within the new stand and is the source of my "largest seated area in Devon" quote...

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/21st ... 16292.aspx

Feb 18, 2013
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":a381vq3r said:
Very good news IMO, I know it's hard to consider upgrading the ground when the team is in such a dire position at the moment but in the grand scheme of things I think the new stand and facilities it brings with it will determine Argyle's long term future, we can recover from a relegation this season if we really have to, but Argyle will never progress or maintain a position in the Championship without the facilities to fund it, that is the modern game and it's about time Argyle caught up with it.

:iagree:

As far as investing in the team goes, I think people are being a little harsh on JB. He gave the manager (Fletcher) a budget to work with. Fletcher brought in (mostly) rubbish. He pays the manager to do a job and must trust him to do it. He signed the cheques to bring in these players, backing the guy he paid to do the job. If that isn't investing in the club then I don't know what is.

B

Baby Face Johnson

Seriously underwhelmed with the drawing of the stand. Hopefully it is conceptual. Seems far more effort has gone into design of the other areas, unless there is more to come. Hope the actual football element doesn't become secondary to the rest of the development.