Any Argyle fans aboard? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Any Argyle fans aboard?

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Agh - memories of the grey funnel line.
Accommodation was primitive, food was OK, huge huge outdoor pool but did get you from party to party swiftly. :thumbup:

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
I had a great time in Bermuda right up until the First Lieutenant landed on me breaking a couple of ribs :) HMS Montrose, 1998-2000!

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Trev501":1vknt3or said:
I had a great time in Bermuda right up until the First Lieutenant landed on me breaking a couple of ribs :) HMS Montrose, 1998-2000!
Wasn't that the irrepressible drunken loud eccentric BUT fantastic Charles Howeson. He was just something else :lol: My boss in Gib - had his mini-moke brought out on an RFA :thumbup:

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
tigertony":2djh5bl3 said:
Trev501":2djh5bl3 said:
Wasn't that the irrepressible drunken loud eccentric BUT fantastic Charles Howeson. He was just something else :lol: My boss in Gib - had his mini-moke brought out on an RFA :thumbup:

Aaaggghh my Jimmy on the Cleopatra !

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
tigertony":3an30i0m said:
Trev501":3an30i0m said:
Yep, the very same. The most eccentric XO I ever served with :)
Edited to add, having seen John's post above it was indeed the Cleopatra not Montrose! I was DWEO from 86 to 88.

W

Wilfredo

Yep in Mekico, will post the famous green army shirt later :)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Wilfredo":1onioo8t said:
Yep in Mekico, will post the famous green army shirt later :)
I think a closer inspection will show that it says "aboard" and not "abroad"! (Or do they have a Mexico Mess Deck in Argyll?)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
tigertony":1c35d03n said:
Actually - he / family have some serious dosh - get him into Argyle :greensmile:
So why has he spent so much time working for non-achieving QUANGOs then?

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
memory man":2322rq9j said:
tigertony":2322rq9j said:
Actually - he / family have some serious dosh - get him into Argyle :greensmile:
:think: no idea. He is/was Chairman of FGW. His last house had a huge outdoor model railway

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/201 ... 66x668.jpg

He left the RN to try and become an MP but didn't quite make it. Its one of about 2 reasons the RN are obliged to let you back in again. He would have been huge in the Commons - and kept the bar afloat. :stout:

I took my relief to see him at 9am and his first words were ''wobbly coffee?'' :thumbup:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
tigertony":8x5x7p3d said:
memory man":8x5x7p3d said:
tigertony":8x5x7p3d said:
:think: no idea. He is/was Chairman of FGW. His last house had a huge outdoor model railway

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/201 ... 66x668.jpg

He left the RN to try and become an MP but didn't quite make it. Its one of about 2 reasons the RN are obliged to let you back in again. He would have been huge in the Commons - and kept the bar afloat. :stout:

I took my relief to see him at 9am and his first words were ''wobbly coffee?'' :thumbup:
Cannot argue with that. Would like to have seen a Cheif Whip who impose anything on him! He was there (Gib) towards the end of my time and certainly made the social arena and ONH a better place to be. Without ever being near the ship I had heard he was a legend during his time in Cleo.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Trev501":1gwukn84 said:
tigertony":1gwukn84 said:
Trev501":1gwukn84 said:
Yep, the very same. The most eccentric XO I ever served with :)
Edited to add, having seen John's post above it was indeed the Cleopatra not Montrose! I was DWEO from 86 to 88.

Now then, I thought he left Cleo towards the end of 85? We'd sailed from Bermuda, on this occasion we lost the mail, Bermuda was my last foreign run before leaving Cleo in January 86.
I remember the years, coz we got back to blighty just in time for me to go the epic 4-3 defeat at Reading and then having left Cleo, whilst on leave went to Gillingham 1-1 and the 0-3 win at Wolves.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
It seems my memory is not what it was :) I have just rummaged through my records and Cleo was from 84 to 86 so it seems we served together John.