Home Park, A Pictorial History (In Plymouth? See page 5) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Home Park, A Pictorial History (In Plymouth? See page 5)

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Just a mention of a new book that should be out in a few weeks. It's all about Home Park, from its birth in 1892 to the present day - and having seen a draft, it's going to be a cracker.

It's the result of many years of research by Russell Moore, a lifelong Argyle fan, and should be available in the Argyle shop, from supporters' groups and hopefully online. Some £25 I understand, but it's a hardback containing over 300 pages with some 600 images and supporting text to tell the story of our beloved home - and on quality paper too.

So this is advanced notice so you can save your pennies, or even better, drop big Christmas hints to your loved ones. :thumbup:

More from Moore when I know more.

HP%20book%20flyer.jpg

C

C. Slade

Hopefully my wife will get me this for Christmas. I've promised her a new Black and Decker Workmate.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Max Colt":2mldqqus said:
Hopefully my wife will get me this for Christmas. I've promised her a new Black and Decker Workmate.
Don't want to spoil her but it may be an option to get her the Bosch version as the better clamping arrangements will mean it's less likely that she'll break one of her fingernails.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
demportdave":388dg3tx said:
Max Colt":388dg3tx said:
Don't want to spoil her but it may be an option to get her the Bosch version as the better clamping arrangements will mean it's less likely that she'll break one of her fingernails.

She will need to be careful regarding the emissions seeing tis a German make?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
GreenArmy1984":dy42xnrt said:
Please let me know when I can pre order as Collect Argyle Books as well as Programmes and Replica Shirts :thumbs:

Love a good Argyle book :scarf:
Just need to scan past the pre 1984 bits!!!

May 22, 2006
Anybody know the game featured on the cover? By the size of the crowd, looks like an early JPT match.

Also the kit looks a lot to be desired (or not).

Nothing much changes at Home Park.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
pastiesforlife":np57knq0 said:
Anybody know the game featured on the cover? By the size of the crowd, looks like an early JPT match.

The actual match is a bit of a mystery but that's Jack Leslie playing the ball and there's an earth-banked Devonport End, so that puts it in the 1920s. The stand in the corner is the Spooner Stand. Nothing much changes at Home Park? More like everything has changed!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
GreensOnScreen":5temndlc said:
pastiesforlife":5temndlc said:

The actual match is a bit of a mystery but that's Jack Leslie playing the ball and there's an earth-banked Devonport End, so that puts it in the 1920s. The stand in the corner is the Spooner Stand. Nothing much changes at Home Park? More like everything has changed!
Any ideas what the large building is in the background. Wrong direction for Pounds House?

May 22, 2006
memory man":2uadky12 said:
GreensOnScreen":2uadky12 said:
pastiesforlife":2uadky12 said:

Any ideas what the large building is in the background. Wrong direction for Pounds House?
There's an OS map from 1920 on maps.nls.uk ( can be reached from a link in an article in the Herald from last year about maps on line). Seems to suggest Elm cottage, (which still exists and doesn't look right) or if on the other side of Tavistock Rd would be Wellesley House, or maybe more likely, Outland Mill.