Dave Corbett RIP | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Dave Corbett RIP

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Very sad news. I can remember him breaking his leg when coming back from a broken leg. As astra Pilgrim. :cry:

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
"Sooty" used to be a player that fans used to have a go at. As a winger that is fairly typical I guess, particularly in the early 60's when a winger's job was to dribble past defenders. Some times it came off and some times it didn't.
He always gave his all for Argyle though.
RIP.

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
I have never forgotten actually hearing the sound of "Sooty's" leg breaking. Such a nice, decent man. Always had time for everyone. I lived quite near him in Peverell, and he would often give me a lift to school(Devonport High). He and Bugsy Maloy shared digs, I remember.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I have it in the back of my mind that he was actually selected to play for England Under 23's but he incurred a bad injury in a League game, which prevented him appearing.. He never got a second invitation, He was big hearted winger not very tall, I recall.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
RIP. One of the first players I remember seeing play.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
RIP Dave. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
First time I saw him play at Home Park he was taking the corners and from memory landed two onto the crossbar.That impressed me as a 12 year old..RIP Pilgrim

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
Very sad news. My first Argyle shirt (emerald green V-neck) had a number 7 on the back to look like Sooty's. My mum sewed it on, not like the modern printed versions. A rumour around at the time was that we really wanted Mike Summerbee, who was also playing for Swindon at this time, but couldn't afford him - Man City eventually took him for a much bigger fee than we paid for Sooty. After he finished his career he went to work in the Dockyard, in Goschen Yard, home of the big local club of the time, EEM Department. Met him there a couple of times when I picked my dad up after the annual Christmas party - the social event of the year. A great guy, and very modest about his footballing achievements. RIP Pilgrim.

I thought he was a great signing for Argyle. Very tricky and wholehearted. He used to come down from Peverell to Central Park to watch us lads play during the school holidays and gave encouragement. So I’ve always had a great regard for him.

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Keith_Whitfield":1wck06pr said:
Very sad news. My first Argyle shirt (emerald green V-neck) had a number 7 on the back to look like Sooty's. My mum sewed it on, not like the modern printed versions. A rumour around at the time was that we really wanted Mike Summerbee, who was also playing for Swindon at this time, but couldn't afford him - Man City eventually took him for a much bigger fee than we paid for Sooty. After he finished his career he went to work in the Dockyard, in Goschen Yard, home of the big local club of the time, EEM Department. Met him there a couple of times when I picked my dad up after the annual Christmas party - the social event of the year. A great guy, and very modest about his footballing achievements. RIP Pilgrim.
Mike Summerbee's Mother lived in Kingsbridge at that time, and Mike knew and liked the area a lot and was quite keen on the move.