Nadir Ciftci He's gone - CONFIRMED. | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nadir Ciftci He's gone - CONFIRMED.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Terry Austin.

"I don't want to be the next Paul Mariner". :greensmile:

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
Good news.

I feel sorry for him, but it wasnā€™t the right move at the right time. All the best NC.

Hopefully we didnā€™t have to pay much to cancel the loan.

Jan 27, 2012
I've seen far worse players than Cifcti. In a 4-4-2 formation he might have been a real handful.

However, I don't think the role of a striker in Adams' formation is necessarily to score lots of goals. He seems to want a his strikers to play very deep and hold up the ball, laying off chances to other players. That wasn't Ciftci's game.

Good luck to the fella- interesting to see what he can do at Motherwell. I think he'll score plenty if they play to his strengths.

C

Celticfan

gaspargomez":iypm9wv9 said:
I've seen far worse players than Cifcti. In a 4-4-2 formation he might have been a real handful.

However, I don't think the role of a striker in Adams' formation is necessarily to score lots of goals. He seems to want a his strikers to play very deep and hold up the ball, laying off chances to other players. That wasn't Ciftci's game.

Good luck to the fella- interesting to see what he can do at Motherwell. I think he'll score plenty if they play to his strengths.
He won't score plenty. Motherwell have just lost a decent striker in Moult and have replaced him with this donkey.

E

Electronic

Tugboat":14qzm5iz said:
PL2 3DQ":14qzm5iz said:
Ciftci will enter Argyle folklore as a dud striker, alongside Steve MacLean, Kenny Cooper, Danny Nardiello and a few others ...............
Chadwick?

I think that's a touch harsh on Chadders. I'll always remember him fondly even for his first stint - winner at Sunderland and at Reading (although he knew very little about that one).

Will offer up Rory Patterson and Lee Power though.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Chadwick was useless in my opinion, certainly a contract chaser.

I don't often take against a current Argyle player, but I did with him.

It's ok quoting goals he scored, but I saw many he didn't.

Remember the miss at Hereford? Must have been all of three feet.

Funnily enough I remember someone else that used to rate Chadwick, I wonder where he is now?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
He was decent when he came back in the January window when we were bottom of L2. He was just the physical presence we were crying out for at the time. The following season though, nah.

E

Electronic

IJN":1i690gul said:
Chadwick was useless in my opinion, certainly a contract chaser.

I don't often take against a current Argyle player, but I did with him.

It's ok quoting goals he scored, but I saw many he didn't.

Remember the miss at Hereford? Must have been all of three feet.

Funnily enough I remember someone else that used to rate Chadwick, I wonder where he is now?

Contract chaser? Isn't that the name of the game if you're a footballer?!

Respect your opinion though. No, I didn't see the Hereford miss but I just don't think he was in the terrible category. 'Limited' is how i'd put it.

What point are you making with your final comment?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Merely a private joke to someone who reads this site, I do apologise.

May 22, 2006
Played 66 mins on his debut for Motherwell, in a 2-0 win over Hamilton in the cup. Tanner scored a penalty and Mc Hugh also played.

The Motherwell manager commented that Ciftci will give Motherwell that extra bit of quality and he will get fitter over the coming weeks. He also singled out Tanner as being the best player on the pitch.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Ciftci replaced after 55 minutes yesterday. Craig Tanner brought on in his place. Not sure if that change was tactical or enforced.