Norris podcast | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Norris podcast

Oct 31, 2015
Just listened to the David Norris podcast and again it was really interesting.

Some stand out comments mind

1. Team spirit and unity was key on our last climb through the leagues as we were punching well above our weight

2. He didnt want to leave but the board not supporting holowords was key as we started to lose key players

3. His wage increase when moving to Ipswich was 5 x what he was earning at Argyle ( life changing amount were his words). That is some difference as we were both championship clubs!!!But he states he would have stayed at Plymouth for less if the board had supported the squad

4. He nearly came back but for a.small glitch in contract negotiations.

Top player for us and I hope his business ventures work out. Interesting 30 minutes of listening

Mar 23, 2008
Yeah was interesting the part about nearly joining us in 2015 with terms agreed but accommodation the issue as only a 1 year contract. The flip side of 1 year deals, would have been fascinating to see him in green again, one of my all time favourite Argyle players, very skillful with wonderful workrate and desire.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
rsp4":1z2f34uc said:

1. Team spirit and unity was key on our last climb through the leagues as we were punching well above our weight

2. He didnt want to leave but the board not supporting holowords was key as we started to lose key players

3. His wage increase when moving to Ipswich was 5 x what he was earning at Argyle ( life changing amount were his words). That is some difference as we were both championship clubs!!!But he states he would have stayed at Plymouth for less if the board had supported the squad

Top player for us and I hope his business ventures work out. Interesting 30 minutes of listening

Re 2. Subsequent events suggest that they were right not to back Ian Holloway.

Re 3. This suggests that, even at this stage, they realised that they were already out of their depth and took the desperate measures that almost ruined the club.

Oct 31, 2015
davie nine":1gggih86 said:
rsp4":1gggih86 said:

Re 2. Subsequent events suggest that they were right not to back Ian Holloway.

Re 3. This suggests that, even at this stage, they realised that they were already out of their depth and took the desperate measures that almost ruined the club.

Yep agreed. It looks like the club had stretched as far ad it could go on the business case used back then. The wage increase between Argyle and Ipswich says as much

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Yeah we basically reached our peak when we rose to 5th in the championship, and then it was all down hill from there. :(

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
This does beg the question how clubs like Ipswich have survived financially. I know they have a wealthy owner but at some point surely there is a day of reckoning...

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The Doctor":3j1s3ufh said:
This does beg the question how clubs like Ipswich have survived financially. I know they have a wealthy owner but at some point surely there is a day of reckoning...
The massive prices they charge for a ticket and a run to the League Cup semi final probably helped