Garita | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Garita

May 14, 2015
Kent, UK
Will be interesting where he ends up. I would expect him to return to France and almost start from scratch - I just can't see him playing non-league football in England (which is where he would realistically now go).

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Very surprised to see some fans on social media want him back. He wasn't really good enough for the top end of league 2 let alone league 1. He had some good physical attributes, strength and pace, but he constantly looked awkward & clumsy, made poor decisions. Two instances come to mind, Newport away when he took the ball from Carey for the penalty, hit the post with a weak effort and then gave away a free kick for going after the rebound, also Cheltenham away when he was one on one with all the space and time in the world but for some reason just stopped and let the keeper get the ball. Lower league 2 probably his level.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Cobi Budge":1ley3s2b said:
Very surprised to see some fans on social media want him back. He wasn't really good enough for the top end of league 2 let alone league 1. He had some good physical attributes, strength and pace, but he constantly looked awkward & clumsy, made poor decisions. Two instances come to mind, Newport away when he took the ball from Carey for the penalty, hit the post with a weak effort and then gave away a free kick for going after the rebound, also Cheltenham away when he was one on one with all the space and time in the world but for some reason just stopped and let the keeper get the ball. Lower league 2 probably his level.
Agree 100%.

Oct 24, 2013
Cobi Budge":1pykdoai said:

Could see him signing for Cheltenham. Wouldn’t have to move and would swap Johnson Jnr for Johnson Snr.

May 10, 2013
You got to remember he is only young, he still has a bit to learn but if he was willing to be one of the back up options he’d be a nice project for Adams as he has something raw about him

Apr 30, 2011
I would rather Garita up front on his own than Joel Grant, Jervis, Bissett or Ciftci. On that rationale, he would be an improvement on what we had last season when Taylor wasnt available. We need to be realistic in terms of the wage we can play and the standard of player that is happy to sit on the bench until Taylor gets injured.

He's raw but there is a player in there.

Aug 5, 2016
Exactly, those who mock Garita need to have a look at what we're playing 'at League One level' without Ryan Taylor.

Alex Fletcher, Jake Jervis, Joel Grant, Ciftci and Sonny Bradley.

In that company Garita is hardly comically bad, he arguably is more useful than all of them.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Garita has height, pace and strength and now has more experience and is older since he played for us. He's unpredictable which would frighten defenders.
I would have him back instantly.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":8wtd420e said:
Garita has height, pace and strength and now has more experience and is older since he played for us. He's unpredictable which would frighten defenders.

He may have those qualities. But doesn't have any ability! Please no.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
PL2 3DQ":3lq3h94k said:

I am inclined to agree with you. He was something very different for a defence to contend with. He could be Argyle's equivalent of Peter Crouch without the same goal scoring capacity. He is young enough to improve and could be decent cover.

G

greengiant1886

PL2 3DQ":38fl397z said:
I'd compare Garita a bit to Wylde.

Wylde first time round was incredibly quick and unpredictable and undoubtedly frightened defenders. However, although he had good games in League 2, he was average at best when looking over a whole season.

Garita is the same and isolated incidents of decent play and raw physical ability do not make him any more of a player now than he was then.

He'll be lucky to end up in League 2 IMHO.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He struggled to frighten League 2 defenders so what makes people think he'd frighten League 1 defenders? I'm pretty sure he only scored 2 goals for us and one came off his back from a shot that was already going in.

Physical attributes mean very little at this level when you don't have much actual footballing ability.

Wish him the best of luck because he definitely tried, but we can do much better.