Burgoyne breaks his ankle (and possible replacement) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Burgoyne breaks his ankle (and possible replacement)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Keeper Harry Burgoyne has broken his ankle while training in Holland. Gulp! Poor lad.

This opens the door for another keeper on loan.

Link

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
He's broken his ankle and is on his way home from Holland with it in plaster so that's him probably out for 3 months. Do we now go looking for another keeper or do we put our faith in Letheren?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
It doesn't say he's returned to Wolves. Just that he's come home from Holland.

Wonder if Remi Matthews is available now, with Tim Krul signing for Norwich yesterday.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tough Luck on Harry. Let's hope he maintains a good recovery and resumes his promising career.

A big shame, as reports on the Dutch training ground appear to indicate the turf is like a grass carpet to train/ play on

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
With the transfer window still open, will any further loan have to be at least until January? I doubt the club will be able to go down the emergency goalkeeper loan road just yet. Should the club start the season with two ‘keepers and one injured, bring in a further loanee until Jan or cancel the deal with Wolves and find a new loanee for the whole season?

Feb 17, 2017
I would have thought cancel the loan with wolves and start again, i wouldnt want cooper or letheren as number one, if it was the case to have letheren and cooper 1 and 2 adams wouldnt have brought in harry. Its back to the drawing board for the number 1 spot and cooper out on loan

Jul 17, 2011
With Tim Krul, just brought by Norwich, could that be the signal of Remi Matthews coming back down here? i know he has a young family and that its a long way from home, but he loves it down this way! plus he's guaranteed to be number 1.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
driscollberg":2e4b5pfx said:
With Tim Krul, just brought by Norwich, could that be the signal of Remi Matthews coming back down here? i know he has a young family and that its a long way from home, but he loves it down this way! plus he's guaranteed to be number 1.

That is some guarantee!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I like Letheren as a back up but starting the season with him would mean we’ve gone backwards and not forwards.

Need to sign another keeper ASAP.

Sep 19, 2015
Crazy game is this football lark! Back to the drawing board for DA then.

On a side note, if for some peculiar reason we stick with what we have currently got. I would be more than happy to see Cooper start the season as the number one GK.