Bradley’s Comment | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bradley’s Comment

Mar 21, 2006
“I think we have got something going here. Potentially, we have got something special.”

“If we keep this squad together next season, maybe with a few more additions, I don’t see no reason why we can’t compete at the top end of League One.”

Ok so maybe he was saying this to get DA to give him the contract that he wanted but I can’t help feeling that the extra quantity of players need not have been so great so we could have paid Sonny what he wanted.

He was a colossus at the back and a leader to boot - I thought we would miss him and Vyner - we didn’t have much choice with Zak but we did with Sonny.

Big mistake I think.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
silkman":hoa5wjme said:
“I think we have got something going here. Potentially, we have got something special.”

“If we keep this squad together next season, maybe with a few more additions, I don’t see no reason why we can’t compete at the top end of League One.”

Ok so maybe he was saying this to get DA to give him the contract that he wanted but I can’t help feeling that the extra quantity of players need not have been so great so we could have paid Sonny what he wanted.

He was a colossus at the back and a leader to boot - I thought we would miss him and Vyner - we didn’t have much choice with Zak but we did with Sonny.

Big mistake I think.
you don't know what he was asking!

May 7, 2015
Steve Evans":31w2f06w said:
silkman":31w2f06w said:

Big mistake I think.
you don't know what he was asking!

agree if adams could afford to keep him then he would of

A very good player that we could not afford

Mar 21, 2006
True I don’t know but Carey was obviously worth pushing the boat out for and I think Sonny was too.

Aug 2, 2011
I believe he said "I don't see no reason". A double negative so what he actually means is " I see a reason ". It is called English.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Presto":9ba74vsx said:
I believe he said "I don't see no reason". A double negative so what he actually means is " I see a reason ". It is called English.

I think he knew the reason. Argyle have no dosh. Not getting into the politics of why btw.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He was worth X amount in wages. He asked for X plus whatever and we’ve obviously not gone for it. In fact we’ve probably offered less than his original X amount in the hope negotiations settle on the original X amount.

To sum it up we’ve offered what we think he’s worth as a face value L2/1 CB . I don’t think we fully added in his statue and importance as an individual within the team. He was a presence within the team and for the sake of a few hundred quid we’ve gambled on 3 other CB’s hoping at least one of them can replicate what SB did at the club.

Tugboat":2tguvrxa said:
He was worth X amount in wages. He asked for X plus whatever and we’ve obviously not gone for it. In fact we’ve probably offered less than his original X amount in the hope negotiations settle on the original X amount.

To sum it up we’ve offered what we think he’s worth as a face value L2/1 CB . I don’t think we fully added in his statue and importance as an individual within the team. He was a presence within the team and for the sake of a few hundred quid we’ve gambled on 3 other CB’s hoping at least one of them can replicate what SB did at the club.

Agree with most of your comment but how do you know it was a few hundred quid? I have absolutely no idea how much he was on nor how much he was offered by Argyle and Luton. If he was offered a grand more per week by Luton that's quite a chunk of money that if we had paid would mean fewer squad players. If the difference was just a few hundred quid per year then he would have stayed with us.

I understand DA's reasoning but we can also see now how much we're missing Bradley.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Aaron D.":1r8cq0n2 said:
Tugboat":1r8cq0n2 said:

Agree with most of your comment but how do you know it was a few hundred quid? I have absolutely no idea how much he was on nor how much he was offered by Argyle and Luton. If he was offered a grand more per week by Luton that's quite a chunk of money that if we had paid would mean fewer squad players. If the difference was just a few hundred quid per year then he would have stayed with us.

I understand DA's reasoning but we can also see now how much we're missing Bradley.

I don’t know exact figures. I just can’t see it being a massive amount extra. I think 3 CB’s plus a versatile defender (loan or permanent) is suffice for a season, certainly until January barring any serious bad luck.

We’ve got Canavan, Edwards, Wooton, Songo’o and Sawyer. Plus Grant, what’s Grant on? £800-£1000 a week? There’s your extra for Sonny. A proven, solid L1 CB.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Tugboat":345fmus8 said:
Aaron D.":345fmus8 said:
Tugboat":345fmus8 said:

I don’t know exact figures. I just can’t see it being a massive amount extra. I think 3 CB’s plus a versatile defender (loan or permanent) is suffice for a season, certainly until January barring any serious bad luck.

We’ve got Canavan, Edwards, Wooton, Songo’o and Sawyer. Plus Grant, what’s Grant on? £800-£1000 a week? There’s your extra for Sonny. A proven, solid L1 CB.
you don't know any salaries of the players.they are private.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steve Evans":1udhqx3x said:
Tugboat":1udhqx3x said:
Aaron D.":1udhqx3x said:
Tugboat":1udhqx3x said:

Didn’t say I did

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Tugboat":2haytjih said:
Steve Evans":2haytjih said:
Aaron D.":2haytjih said:

Didn’t say I did
you did say " i don't know exact figures"

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steve Evans":1jxbrd5l said:
Tugboat":1jxbrd5l said:
Steve Evans":1jxbrd5l said:
Aaron D.":1jxbrd5l said:

Didn’t say I did
you did say " i don't know exact figures"

Which I don’t?

Where are we going with this?

Aug 5, 2016
Tugboat":fbfnck4j said:
Aaron D.":fbfnck4j said:
Tugboat":fbfnck4j said:

And say Bradley gets crocked, does his ACL in October? Where's the back up CB?

Luton were prepared to pay hundreds of thousands for Sonny in January. Who's to say he's not on £5,000 a week now with an £80,000 signing on fee. Would you want Argyle to be paying him more than Carey?

If Wootton or Canavan hit top form then Bradley will become a memory, just like Bradley's form made us forget about Peter Hartley.

DA has form for getting the best out of his players. These are good solid career professionals he's signed, not turnips.