Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
tonsk":368u9b1r said:
Draw a line parallel to the end of the horseshoe, at the top of the concrete ramp in the foreground (roughly). Everything in between, right back to the bushes, will be excavated to pitch level.... In short - Shed Loads!!!

I think I read somewhere that the changing rooms will be built at pitch level, but that the bar building would be at the current ground level, necessitating a large retaining wall.

This would indicate that the bar will overlook part of the pitch until the (in)famous corners are built.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
It looks at the moment that they've carved an access ramp to the terrace. I guess this would make sense with the news of the temporary changing rooms.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Kevin_Gollop":ozrcqnyp said:
It looks at the moment that they've carved an access ramp to the terrace. I guess this would make sense with the news of the temporary changing rooms.

Temporary changing rooms will be at Devonport End this season.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":1il92xmf said:
Kevin_Gollop":1il92xmf said:

Temporary changing rooms will be at Devonport End this season.

Exactly, allowing the Barn Park corner to be used for access and then do the permanent changing rooms when access is no longer required to the terrace.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
What I want to know is, what is the fat guy in the orange hi-vis supposed to be doing? He appears to spend most of the day sitting or standing around watching what the digger is doing. At one point today another worker said something to him and he turned around and waved at the webcam!

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Argylegames":2b5xlp4v said:
You've lost me Kevin, and I suspect cheshiregreen too.

I think he's suggesting the level soil pointing straight at the terracing is now the access point for the machinery to being getting at the terrace.

The changing room point just muddied the waters.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Argylegames":1g5a9z65 said:
What I want to know is, what is the fat guy in the orange hi-vis supposed to be doing? He appears to spend most of the day sitting or standing around watching what the digger is doing. At one point today another worker said something to him and he turned around and waved at the webcam!

probably a "supervisor".

I remember having "supervisors" when I worked in retail...

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Willis88":373gktjs said:
Argylegames":373gktjs said:

probably a "supervisor".

I remember having "supervisors" when I worked in retail...

Could be a Health & Safety regulation where a mechanical digger over a certain size is being operated, someone might need to be spectating, just in case the digger driver falls suddenly ill and has an episode. I have heard of less sensible requirements.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Willis88":31tfq73q said:
Argylegames":31tfq73q said:
You've lost me Kevin, and I suspect cheshiregreen too.

I think he's suggesting the level soil pointing straight at the terracing is now the access point for the machinery to being getting at the terrace.

The changing room point just muddied the waters.

Exactly. Sorry if my point on the changing rooms wasn't clear. Installing the changing rooms at the Barn Park was due to be done next, but we are now getting temporary changing rooms at the Devonport End to allow the grandstand work to be completed quicker. I'm guessing this access point is the reason why. Let the machinery in and out of the terrace without difficulty, and then come back and do the permanent changing rooms at the Barn Park End at a later date?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I would have thought that if they required access to the terrace via that route they would have left the old concrete slope, not removed it for an earth one which will turn into a bog once the winter starts.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
They seem very interested in the big concrete block today. they've watered it to see that the water is draining through it.

It looked like the guy was just checking how deep it was just now.

B

batesy65

Heathrow Green":3etdw0rw said:
They seem very interested in the big concrete blo :facepalm: ck today. they've watered it to see that the water is draining through it.

It looked like the guy was just checking how deep it was just now.
Think it maybe too hard for the digger they have,or perhaps unseen cables?