New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 32 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

A

andyr1963

Biggs":j69oe5x5 said:
Anyone know if there’s been any substantial progress on this?

I’m almost more curious about this than the grandstand work at the moment, as the store is the first finished development we’ll see. And looking forward to seeing both how the facade exterior is presented, and what the shop will look like inside.

In July we were told the shop was to be fitted out in about four weeks and open in September. :funny:

https://www.pafc.co.uk/development/news ... ment-blog/ :banghead:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
pedro91":ysa27phd said:
Still working on the outside of the portacabins

I thought the point of portacabins was to have them delivered and start using them straight away? :think:
Are these only partportacabins or are they making them into permanentportacabins ? :think:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
They’re not portakabins, they’re part of a modular build.

The units are lifted into position, then worked on like a regular building would be. We’ve seen green trim cladding being applied to them and concrete/tarmac applied at the base, among other things.

The facade looks to be taking the longest, because it needs replastering and retroed up to look as it did before. Plus either new signage developed, or the original iron sign found.

Jun 5, 2010
Needs to be more updated, illuminated badge and name on the facade. Most clubs have this now.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Work going on this morning, boxing in of tha gap between old facade and superstore doors - green metal plating.
Also looks like more trim/overhang on the ticket office is being prepared. Still no sign of any window frames for ticket office though.

May 16, 2016
It's taking its time, the slow progress is begining to defeat the purpose of modular constructions benefit of being quick isnt it !

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
The official blog suggested the ticket office/ superstore was due to complete sept/Oct. Guess there was a typo there and it should have read sept/oct/nov ?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I suspect the facade itself is proving more complex than first thought. From re-inforcing it in the first place, to re-plastering and covering said reinforcement. Also there’s probably a bit of confusion about the signage until the original iron lettering is or isn’t found. Though surely we can get that replicated fairly easily?

The actual shop interior looked ready to fit out a few weeks ago, according to the GoS pics.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

John Cooper":37qd52kx said:
The official blog suggested the ticket office/ superstore was due to complete sept/Oct. Guess there was a typo there and it should have read sept/oct/nov ?

From when they were hoisted in and knocked up in mid-July, this is a quote from Jon Backs blog of 20/7/18....

“......we will see the first supporters in through the doors in around eight weeks’ time.”

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Someone I spoke with said they were afraid that if the move wasn't smooth, any technical hitches or stock problems etc. might have an impact on Xmas sales and some unhappy customers. They would rather wait and get it right.

tonsk

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":3n7l25ce said:
From when they were hoisted in and knocked up in mid-July, this is a quote from Jon Backs blog of 20/7/18....

“......we will see the first supporters in through the doors in around eight weeks’ time.”

He was right, quite a few of us were shown around! :twisted:

Perhaps priorities have changed.

Let's face it, we have a shop and ticket office, so as a separate project, it's obviously been taken off the list for now.

I'll look forward to shopping in there when it's finished.