Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Incidentally, we have been looking for the old ‘Plymouth Argyle’ wrought iron sign that used to adorn the front of the façade prior to a makeover several years ago – if anyone knows where it is, please give me a shout! I think it would look really quite special to have the original lettering back on what must now be one of the oldest parts of Home Park.

I like this sort of attention to detail :thumbup:. That would be really special.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
pPolzSJ.jpg

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
oh to have those prices again

A

andyr1963

IJN":27ivxgqy said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/development/news/2018/july/blog-july-20/

Seems as if the drainage disaster was not such as disaster then!

Good to see communication coming through again.

:thumbs:

But there is no mention whatsoever about the drainage. Whooshed? Or just ignoring the fact that no work on the grandstand can be commenced without the drainage issue being addressed.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
andyr1963":11gtd0qv said:
But there is no mention whatsoever about the drainage. Whooshed? Or just ignoring the fact that no work on the grandstand can be commenced without the drainage issue being addressed.

What part of
With the important, stadium-specific ‘pre-commencement’ conditions of the project now all satisfied to an appropriate standard
passed you by?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Would be fantastic to get the old iron sign, but would it be very naive to suggest it could be reproduced ‘fairly’ easily?

I also love all the old No Smoking and general directional signs within the old grandstand, that I think have been saved by the heritage guys. Would be a nice touch to put them back in, with the general retro theme. May be health and safety reasons not to though, I guess...

May 8, 2011
Argylegames":kpskbv19 said:
andyr1963":kpskbv19 said:

What part of
With the important, stadium-specific ‘pre-commencement’ conditions of the project now all satisfied to an appropriate standard
passed you by?

Seems to have passed all those folk elsewhere that seem to be all Argyle like a rash by as well.

I suppose they are busy emailing PCC to complain.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
andyr1963":jrzit9ac said:
IJN":jrzit9ac said:

I’d stay away from Facebook if I was you Andy, it’s effected your ability to read and take things in, yet has enhanced your ability to see shadows that aren’t there. :doh:

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Argylegames":2fgs1mzg said:
andyr1963":2fgs1mzg said:

What part of
passed you by?

Tbf, if the club wanted to be clear on contracts signed and work on the Actual Grandstand now fully under way, it would have been very easy to say so, wouldn’t it?

Alternatively, they can produce some gobbledegook (as above).

A

andyr1963

Daz":2exafbaa said:
andyr1963":2exafbaa said:
IJN":2exafbaa said:

I’d stay away from Facebook if I was you Andy, it’s effected your ability to read and take things in, yet has enhanced your ability to see shadows that aren’t there. :doh:

Fact is because John Back says all conditions have been met, does not mean Plymouth City Council believe that all the pre conditions have been met. If they had been, we could have had an "all systems go" announcement from Argyle.

I have dipped into Facebook and read some of the moronic postings / opinions and in amongst them there are some very sensible comments, from level headed people, some of which used to post on here. Try it, variety is the spice of life, or something.

At least reading Facebook postings hasn't affected my spelling. :whistle:

All the internet postings of any site are pretty worthless compared to what the man from the council says regarding progress, and as yet to my knowledge he has yet to publicly comment let alone sign off the pre conditions.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
andyr1963":2xuiy13a said:
Fact is because John Back says all conditions have been met, does not mean Plymouth City Council believe that all the pre conditions have been met. If they had been, we could have had an "all systems go" announcement from Argyle.

The article you've clearly not read":2xuiy13a said:
With the important, stadium-specific ‘pre-commencement’ conditions of the project now all satisfied to an appropriate standard, it really is all systems go

Try reading it?