Roof | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Roof

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
I am a little bit confused - with the roof now not being extended, does this mean we are keeping the roof we have or is it still being replaced?

Mods... feel free to merge.

Mar 14, 2009
Leon Horn":1xjhzwqp said:
I am a little bit confused - with the roof now not being extended, does this mean we are keeping the roof we have or is it still being replaced?

Mods... feel free to merge.

I know the Plymouth Limestone was out but missed the news of the roof not being extended.

I thought because it was a totally new roof that it would cover grandstand. Didnā€™t they say the old roof only had 15 years shelf life so it needed replacing?

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
MGM, in Jon Bā€™s recent blog, he states that the roof isnā€™t being extended as the control room is now not going in grandstand as originally planned.

Mar 14, 2009
Leon Horn":3afvpof1 said:
MGM, in Jon Bā€™s recent blog, he states that the roof isnā€™t being extended as the control room is now not going in grandstand as originally planned.

I see what you mean. I was under the impression that the roof had to go because it made no sense keeping it when they said it will need replacing in the short term. If you call 15-20 years short term.

Iā€™m not sure about telling supporters itā€™s done for ā€œfuture proofingā€ when their are a fair number who canā€™t see how phase two work will be done anytime soon. If at all. Especially when some feel this is all being done on the cheap.

Just to note though l am not one of those people.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yes it is a 100% new roof replacing the exact ā€˜footprintā€™ of the current one.

Itā€™s just not getting the small extension required to take it to the Barn Park End/line up with the lower tier. That now happens in Phase 2, whether you think that is happening or not.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Biggs":116rcin6 said:
Yes it is a 100% new roof replacing the exact ā€˜footprintā€™ of the current one.

Itā€™s just not getting the small extension required to take it to the Barn Park End/line up with the lower tier. That now happens in Phase 2, whether you think that is happening or not.
That's not correct, surely? It may not be extended for now towards the BPE, but it is being extended some 4m out towards the touchline to provide increased cover for the new seats on the Mayflower Terrace.

JB's blog on 11th June confirms this. Unless things have changed again?

Feb 17, 2017
As far as I was aware, the original Ā£5 million loan is not enough to cover the makeover, so basically the club are now paying for the Ā£1 million roof with unbudgeted income.
The extension that was going to happen to cover the lower grandstand, has now been delayed until phase 2, that is to say the artistic hypothetical plans of phase 2, the hypothetical never going to happen phase 2 that we donā€™t have a plan or money for.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Fou rMarksGreen":15ktd5mb said:
Biggs":15ktd5mb said:

That's not correct, surely? It may not be extended for now towards the BPE, but it is being extended some 4m out towards the touchline to provide increased cover for the new seats on the Mayflower Terrace.

JB's blog on 11th June confirms this. Unless things have changed again?

Youā€™re right, I was talking about any width wise extension. The depth of the roof increases, so yes, ignore the bit about it being an EXACT footprint :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Neilz5419":saxeuq4h said:
As far as I was aware, the original Ā£5 million loan is not enough to cover the makeover, so basically the club are now paying for the Ā£1 million roof with unbudgeted income.
The extension that was going to happen to cover the lower grandstand, has now been delayed until phase 2, that is to say the artistic hypothetical plans of phase 2, the hypothetical never going to happen phase 2 that we donā€™t have a plan or money for.

There is a plan for it. Incredibly extensive plans if you look at the planning documents.

There isnā€™t money for it now, which is why it isnā€™t happening now. And as we donā€™t have a crystal ball, we donā€™t have a timeframe because we donā€™t know when we have the money for it. Presumably when we start selling out games will be a good time.

Can we stop this incessant moaning about the perceived unlikelihood of Phase 2 for a day or two?

Feb 8, 2005
Brent has said that he does not envisage phase two happening whilst he is in the Chair.

Not because he doesn't want it to happen, not because he cannot foresee us getting the money from our football exploits (remember Liverpool in the FA Cup?), but because he can foresee the money required to do it being spent on other more important things (like other income increasing projects or even the playing budget for instance?).

Seems there will always be a far more sensible use of the money required for phase two, in Brent's opinion, and I'm not going to disagree with him there. In the grand scheme of things it is very low down on the list of "things to do" at this moment in time.

When will phase two be the most important item on the PAFC agenda? When NOT doing phase two holds the football club back, which is not now or in the very near future I suggest.

When the time comes for phase two to be implemented, the plans will already be in place, thanks to James Brent.

Feb 17, 2017
jimsing":1tf1renc said:
Brent has said that he does not envisage phase two happening whilst he is in the Chair.

Not because he doesn't want it to happen, not because he cannot foresee us getting the money from our football exploits (remember Liverpool in the FA Cup?), but because he can foresee the money required to do it being spent on other more important things (like other income increasing projects or even the playing budget for instance?).

Seems there will always be a far more sensible use of the money required for phase two, in Brent's opinion, and I'm not going to disagree with him there. In the grand scheme of things it is very low down on the list of "things to do" at this moment in time.

When will phase two be the most important item on the PAFC agenda? When NOT doing phase two holds the football club back, which is not now or in the very near future I suggest.

When the time comes for phase two to be implemented, the plans will already be in place, thanks to James Brent.

Very good informative post jimsing, that should clarify the confusion about phase 2. I do like the idea of spending the unbudgeted income on the playing budget would be nice to see.
I would say though that phase two would surely be one of those projects that increases income with the added capacity? With the year on year development I would have thought championship football is a real possibility within 2 seasons which would require said extra capacity.
What other projects do you see that could be more profitable based on the footprint we have for expansion, in addition to the extra income already gained by the banqueting facilities.
What would have been nice if PAFC was making some income from the use of the HHP land, say a margin from the ice rink, that could have paid for phase 2.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
If we are having different threads for each element of the redevelopment perhaps it should have it's own board.

Waiting for a thread called "paint" to discuss what paint is used and another called ""rivets" to discuss the merits of these critical element of the work.

Hurry up 4th August

Aug 5, 2015
Talking about paint.... your fault for mentioning it. Theyā€™ve bound to have closed the wrong one. Stsnds to reason doesnā€™t it. One more week to go. Praise the Lord

B

Bonehead

Reading this post has confused me even more!!

Q1 is the roof being extended towards the pitch?

Q2 Is the roof being replaced with an exact replica in dimension?

Thanks