Home Park attendance after Phase 1 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Home Park attendance after Phase 1

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
BradCobbs":uznwem53 said:
Hard to believe that the lyndhurst will hold more than 2 tiers in the mayflower. Thought it would be a lot more!
Block's 6-18 are all part of the Lyndhurst. Presumably it's the corners being included which makes it more. That's 13 blocks of seats making it up and it's difficult to imagine 13 blocks fitting in the Grandstand, even with two tiers.

pafc cobbie08

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Argy1e":1e8pdqlk said:
BradCobbs":1e8pdqlk said:
Hard to believe that the lyndhurst will hold more than 2 tiers in the mayflower. Thought it would be a lot more!
Block's 6-18 are all part of the Lyndhurst. Presumably it's the corners being included which makes it more. That's 12 blocks of seats making it up and it's difficult to imagine 12 blocks fitting in the Grandstand, even with two tiers.

Yeah I guess so, and the grandstand is quite a bit shorter than the lyndhurst. Just imagined 2 tiers equating to more than the 1.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
How is this possible?! The stadium had a capacity of nearly 20,000 when the temporary seats were bolted onto the mayflower stand?!

Feb 17, 2017
Merlin":1m6b8286 said:
Only 17000 at the Liverpool game so this looks about right?

There was segregation at the Liverpool game, I don’t think capacity really takes segregation into account might explain the discrepancy

May 22, 2006
HP capacity during the period UTL is talking about (roughly 2007 to 2011) was ~19500.

At that time we had a/ the Mayflower Enclosure (250 seats?) and b/ the four rows at the very back of the Mayflower (500 seats). I'm not sure if we're getting the b/ back in phase 1 but certainly it'll be a long time before a/ is replaced.

Also (the terminology escapes me) the gradient was very slight, allowing more seats to be fitted in. In the new build, the gradient is going to be steeper (so that people actually have good sight lines) but this comes at a cost of less seats. When Liverpool came down our capacity was about 18000 give or take, but once we factored in segregation we could only use 17000.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
'Jon Back, Plymouth Argyle’s project manager for the renovation work, admitted there could be a slight change in the total number of seats between now and by the time the £6 million-plus project is finished.'

More disconcertingly vague hints of further cuts to the project.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Could someone list the number of games where we've had crowds of more than 16,000 over the last 10 seasons.

Feb 17, 2017
Mark Pedlar":14umbhky said:
Could someone list the number of games where we've had crowds of more than 16,000 over the last 10 seasons.

I think it’s more important to focus on the future than the past. This club is year on year progressing, at this rate we will be in the championship within 2 seasons. I believe our attendance averaged around 16,500 last time, I imagine it will be higher now. The concern is surely the lack of capacity going forward in the higher leagues, rather than what we’ve done for the last ten years.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Mark Pedlar":s61du80a said:

You mean in 10 seasons of utter free fall most of which has been spent in the bottom division?
A moronic question loaded to give an answer that you desperately want to legitimise a backward thinking club (no other word for reducing capacity)
OK by your reckoning let's reduce the capacity to the average attendance over the last 10 years... 8000 should cover it?
Or how about another question, how many crowds if over 16,000 have Argyle had over their history?