Grandstand Threads!! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Threads!!

Grandstand threads?

• Merged Threads?

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • Separate Forum?

Votes: 81 69.2%

• Total voters

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Whilst there are a few of you who want to repeat the same theme but in a slightly different way, most on here don't want this forum to be infested with Grandstand moaning threads.

Therefore be prepared to have your newly started threads merged with older ones on the same subject.

The mods on here are well attuned to sleeping accounts and 'new' accounts which don't seem like 'new' posters as well as people who feel 'enlightened' after reading Facebook.

To make it clear, we run the site, and we will NOT have it jammed up with 'spam' from FB or the other place.

Hope that clarifies the situation.

Ian

May 22, 2006
Might I humbly suggest a separate Grandstand forum? I don't want that stuff clogging up the main section when the season gets underway.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I hold my hands up! Guilty as charged.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Ham Green":3llpekbs said:
Might I humbly suggest a separate Grandstand forum? I don't want that stuff clogging up the main section when the season gets underway.

Yes please.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That is being discussed Mr Ham.

Some Mods are for it so me against, we're going to see how it goes.

The Grandstand is very much in all or our minds, but what we will not put up with is the repeated threads with slightly different titles, which is really a way some people like to impress upon the majority of us, how upset they feel about what they've read on Facebook.

It is now becoming a ridiculous read.

This way at least these people can repeat/repeat/repeat (as is their way) without clogging up our Argyle/football chat, which the majority of us come on this site to read about.

We do not care about what the fat bloke in Cyprus has to say, or the lunatic in LA, this site is for Argyle, proper Argyle fans, not sad wind up merchants from afar.

The FreeChatters can 'free chat' away, but for those that want to play between the two, we won't be having that.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Ham Green":2zn8lswg said:

A great idea

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
JannerinCardiff":5u1kvss0 said:
I hold my hands up! Guilty as charged.

Yes you are, but there are others.

As I say, we won't be banning anyone, but we can arrange it so that the interminable threads are in one place. At the minute that will mean specific threads but it could lead to a separate forum.

Saturday the football starts, and we will not allow our site to be a mouthpiece for Lloyd and his gang or even worse, the cesspit known as ATD.

Before I get attacked once again, let me be clear I am not saying everyone on those sites are bad, what I am saying is the people on those sites can be fed rubbish by those that are, or, just as bad, are acting on what those with separate agendas are saying.

Hope this further clarifies our stance, which is, as always, united.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I can basically predict the exact words that will be used on ATD when they see this thread...

"Looks like Brent has got his minions to shut down all Grandstand discussion on Pasoti! He must have something to hide"

Bless them. They barely seem to even talk about the actual stuff that happens on the pitch on that site! I thought that was the whole point of football fan sites... you know, to talk about football!

Feb 17, 2017
I think a seperate grandstand forum would be a very good idea, there are so many threads now, with the roof, corners, phase 2 and so on be nice to have it one place, especially with the season just about to start.
As far as the other sites go there is no doubt a few bad eggs about, but there are also people stuck in the middle with genuine concerns, and are basing their thoughts on facts available as opposed to any hidden agendas. I for one like to get a good overall view before forming an opinion as opposed to an insular view you might get from just one place. We are mostly just argyle fans wanting the best for the club on and off the pitch with no axe to grind.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":3qjjql78 said:
I tell you what that's have a poll.

:greensmile:

Merged threads are so annoying because if you are following the posts, suddenly they become confusing when other stuff is brought in.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Good luck because whatever happens it won't please everyone.

See the capacity thread is now headed the same way as so many others. Tiresome but true.

Not sure if the capacity one should be on the Grandstand thread or not in honesty.

Hurry up Saturday 3pm.

May 22, 2006
The other downside of merging is that you'll have an increase in complaints in the FAQ forum.

"HOW COULD YOU OBSCURE MY BEAUTIFUL THOUGHT-PROVOKING ELOQUENT OPINION??!??!??" etc.