Funny | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Funny

Aug 5, 2015
Funny how the grandstand “issue” has disappeared now that it has its own forum. Perhaps everyones on holiday or the drains don’t smell anymore.

A

andyr1963

Calm before the storm?
All those who do not frequent the internet / forums / facebook may wonder what has been going on since the end of last season, because it really does not look like much has been done.

Aug 5, 2015
As there have been over 600 pages of crap, sorry discussion, on this topic over the summer remind to take cover when the storm breaks!

Mar 8, 2016
Was passing today, bit disappointed in what I saw, nothing done to the grandstand and a few white huts put up next to the facade.

Aug 5, 2015
I think if you’d looked at the 600 odd other pages on this topic you would have learned that the grandstand refurb was not due for this season and it was never ever intended that it would be.
That’s it I’m done now. Over to the moaners

Mar 8, 2016
Kentishgreen":27w111vq said:
I think if you’d looked at the 600 odd other pages on this topic you would have learned that the grandstand refurb was not due for this season and it was never ever intended that it would be.

Wasn’t expecting it to be completed, just for it to possibly be started, but you’re right, still another 12 months until it’s due to be completed, plenty of time.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Maybe there is work going on inside the grandstand that we can’t see?

Nov 2, 2004
As far as I am aware contracts have not been signed.I may have missed something,if not their is no way work can start.

May 8, 2011
Army green":19a1wywq said:
Kentishgreen":19a1wywq said:

Wasn’t expecting it to be completed, just for it to possibly be started, but you’re right, still another 12 months until it’s due to be completed, plenty of time.

I suppose when you say started it all depends on what work you were expecting to see, because work on the project that includes the grandstand refurbishment has been going on for months.

May 8, 2011
ealinggreen":2hlz6dws said:
As far as I am aware contracts have not been signed.I may have missed something,if not their is no way work can start.

I’m not aware that the contract with Wrings was ever announced by Argyle, but they have done are doing the demolition works.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
ealinggreen":qi1cdppl said:

I’m not sure what all this contract talk is about. The agreement with GL Events was heavily publicised, and their remit included the superstore and ticket office.

As that’s been 90% completed, I assume the main grandstand work is covered as well.

Am I missing something?

Nov 2, 2004
My understanding is that no contract has yet been signed for the main grandstand work.A company has been nominated but nothing signed.I assume that is why the spec keeps changing.Had it been signed , one can assume work would have begun.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
ealinggreen":2o0nkzd9 said:
I have no knowledge of what has to be done before a construction project can be commenced but this post from a Chartered Civil Engineer with 35 years in the construction industry has convinced me that your statement that 'there is no way that work can start without a signed contract' is not accurate.

From Neath Green on 17th July:-

I rarely post on here but I am an avid reader. I have read with amusement the consternation over the fact that a contract has not been signed. As a Chartered Civil engineer with over 35years in construction I can tell you that this far more common than people think. It is not uncommon to be commence work on a project under a letter of intent until the final T and C's of the contract are agreed. In fact a PO can be issued to cover start up costs and enabling works. Our company has only just signed the contract for a 5 year framework with a major national client some 6 months into the start of the contract having worked on a award letter and initial PO.
I have no knowledge of what is happening behind the scenes at PAFC this is only my view and assumption. I guess that the contract will be NEC Option C or D which is target cost. Until all the designs are signed off and costs agreed then the contract will not be signed by the contractor, as such the drainage issue could be one of the reasons why the contract is not signed. It is not something that I am at all concerned about because I would have no doubt that all concerned will be working to resolve issues asap.

…..unless, of course, you have 40 years experience as a Civil Engineer.

Aug 5, 2005
ealinggreen":3q5l6ej1 said:
My understanding is that no contract has yet been signed for the main grandstand work.A company has been nominated but nothing signed.I assume that is why the spec keeps changing.Had it been signed , one can assume work would have begun.

As well as the post before this one regarding signing of contracts, my understanding was always that work on the Grandstand would start in earnest in October (Things being demolished / ripped out etc). So no rush

Mar 21, 2013
Yeah I think it’s all very much an example of people who don’t know a great deal about how all this works.....talking like they know how all this works, a lot.