On GoS: Facade and Chisholm Photos (08/08/18) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

On GoS: Facade and Chisholm Photos (08/08/18)

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
68 photos from the last 9 days, including 40 from today. Always a big thanks to Bob for his help with the grandstand project, but especially today - he actually sent me 422! :crazy: :clap:

Greens on Screen

Feb 28, 2016
Unnecessary demolition of a unique ground feature. At a “phase one’ of “phase 2” I don’t see why this was necessary. An act of wanton vandalism. This refurb is not going to please traditionalists of mordernisers alike is it? It’s only going to upset both sides being a complete fudge.

Before it was the Chisolm lounge I’m sure we had a similar construction which was the directors box. We have now lost that corner forever. Home park might as well be St Mary’s with (non Argyle) Green seats!

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
MarkMatthews":3n18kk4p said:
Unnecessary demolition of a unique ground feature. At a “phase one’ of “phase 2” I don’t see why this was necessary. An act of wanton vandalism. This refurb is not going to please traditionalists of mordernisers alike is it? It’s only going to upset both sides being a complete fudge.

Before it was the Chisolm lounge I’m sure we had a similar construction which was the directors box. We have now lost that corner forever. Home park might as well be St Mary’s with (non Argyle) Green seats!

And while we are at it , let’s bring back the leather ball.. :facepalm:

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
MarkMatthews":2gvn9l5j said:

I suppose you still have a tin bath in front of the fire once a week.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The demolition of this building is the keystone to the development, and will allow access to heavy equipment during the refurb and the building of the two tier GT's bar.

I'm all for tradition but this building was faceless and long past its prime.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The facade is a unique ground feature. The Chisholm Lounge may be unique, but not in a good way.

Anyhow, it NEEDED to go to make room for the players changing rooms, so it’s not going for the sake of it. And obviously if/when the corners are filled in, it would have gone then anyway.

I’m all for tradition as well, but glorifying that particular building is a step too far. This development is heavier on tradition than 95% of other stadium developments work through retention of the 1936 facade and the Leitchian stand design, so I’m not sure there’s anything to complain about on that score.

Sep 25, 2010
MarkMatthews":ohbkxtqu said:

You could said all this, about the old Devonport end, Lyndhurst stand, zoo corner and Barn Park end, surely the current stands are better, than the originals.

Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
MarkMatthews":2tdpt2k4 said:

Unnecessary demolition?????
This is where the new changing rooms are going to be built. Please explain how they are supposed to build pitch level changing rooms in that same area without demolishing the old structure?

C

CG1983

IJN":n404s05l said:
The demolition of this building is the keystone to the development, and will allow access to heavy equipment during the refurb and the building of the two tier GT's bar.

I'm all for tradition but this building was faceless and long past its prime.
Never let facts get in the way of a good Plymouth moan.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
MarkMatthews":2zbsi1bn said:

Ridiculous comment. You will be suggesting retaining the 70 year old (?) loos next. :roll: :thumbdown:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Great pics, especially the front of the facade that we haven’t seen from the webcam angle.

I’m sure it will be, but I hope the entrance is made to look a little better. You can see the gap under the modular unit, with the solitary brick support making it look a bit messy. I hope that gap can be filled in, though I guess it could be covered with a ramp as it’s a raised entrance?

Also really looking forward to seeing the signage. Looks like there’ll be something completely new (or old, if the original iron lettering is found) with the old stuff taken down.