Fantastic news from Hallett for PAFC. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fantastic news from Hallett for PAFC.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Truly great news for the long term future of our club. The Grandstand won’t be hemmed in by Brent’s ice rink and there’ll be scope for a future proper expansion of the main stand.

Virtually everything in this article is what I’ve been banging on about for years. Simon Hallett, take a bow. :clap:

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... rk-1934069

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
tenor.gif

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Far better for PAFC.

It'll probably remain a car park for the next 100 years, but at least it gives the club options.

The Grumpy Loyal":h0my8y66 said:
Truly great news for the long term future of our club. The Grandstand won’t be hemmed in by Brent’s ice rink and there’ll be scope for a future proper expansion of the main stand.

Virtually everything in this article is what I’ve been banging on about for years. Simon Hallett, take a bow. :clap:

Absolutely agree, fantastic news for PAFC. Theres even a suggestion that should the ice rink not go ahead the rest of the land could be bought back, lets hope so. Love the quote "Akkerons plans, not Argyles"!

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Chancellor":22cuq7mm said:
The Grumpy Loyal":22cuq7mm said:

Absolutely agree, fantastic news for PAFC. Theres even a suggestion that should the ice rink not go ahead the rest of the land could be bought back, lets hope so. Love the quote "Akkerons plans, not Argyles"!

Yep. A telling quote.

It’s just a breath of fresh air for PAFC’s future being prioritised over private development. No ugly office blocks looming large over the park either. Splendid.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, I didn’t really have a problem with the Akkeron plans, but this is the preferable option.

I do still hope the ice rink goes ahead. That makes the area a true centre of sport and leisure, and increases footfall for Argyle/club shop etc.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":ap23hpmy said:

I perfectly understand your enthusiasm, Grumpy but let's not forget who got us to a stage where this has been able to happen.

Also, bear in mind that it was James Brent who realised that Simon Hallett's offer to join the Board and invest in our club was a genuine offer from an Argyle fan who, it appears, has sufficient wealth to enable the club to progress further than he would have been be able to take us.

Let's not write off the last 7 years as though they were a hindrance to our progress and hope that we make similar progress in the next 7 years.

We still owe a lot to James Brent and it would be good see you and others with similar opinions, in hindsight, to acknowledge his contribution.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not sure why anyone would love a comment like 'That's Akkeron's plans not Argyles' - Surely that's what everyone has been saying for so long isn't it?

IJN":2vtousms said:
I'm not sure why anyone would love a comment like 'That's Akkeron's plans not Argyles' - Surely that's what everyone has been saying for so long isn't it?

Believe me I love it, it highlights the difference between someone who wants what is best for the club and someone who has more interest in commercial development that does'nt benefit the club. Hopefully Mr Brent can find another site for the proposed ice "shed" and what has always been Argyle's land can be returned for the future benefit of the club.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps PCC could sell some land nearby. To be honest, I like the idea of the ice rink being in the park, it fits nicely I reckon.

IJN":367v2ofu said:
Perhaps PCC could sell some land nearby. To be honest, I like the idea of the ice rink being in the park, it fits nicely I reckon.

I agree its the obvious place, just not on HHP footprint! Maybe the proposed Western Gateway plot but I suspect that is too small.

I suggested a good site for ice some time ago could be the Toys R Us building. Its empty, would think big enough and has plenty of under utilised parking. I am sure there are very good reasons why its not suitable however.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I feel it is a waste of the Hallett's money, or Argyle's, personally. The big question for me is - whose money, and if it is the Hallett's money is it a loan that'll saddle Argyle with more debt?

Too early to rejoice over this IMHO. Do we need a big car park for the players and staff?