Myth busting: Is Graham Carey having a bad season? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Myth busting: Is Graham Carey having a bad season?

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
I've seen plenty of people claiming that Graham Carey is having a bad season because of his limited goal involvement, so I decided to look into whether or not it is the case.

Argyle certainly stand a significantly better chance of surviving if Derek Adams chooses to play to Graham Carey’s strengths in the second half of 2018/19.

Graham-Carey-2018-19-Plymouth-Argyle.jpg

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
He is well below his standard of last year between Oldham and Peterborough. I still don't really know why.

But even with that he's still one of our better players and should be in the team.

I think Ruben just edges the position on the right, because then he will bring the best out of Carey.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Agree with Ollie. Great article.

Carey is clearly the solution rather than the problem, why Adams has deviated so far from last season's system I'm really unsure? Did he understand how his system worked last season or just fluked a set up that brought the best from the 3 front men and 3 midfielders behind?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Good read Nick.

For weeks I have been advocating the return of Carey to the midfield in the no.10 role. Yesterday was his best performance in a while and it coincided with his return to that position. I feel he gets too isolated on the wing and will have more shooting opportunities playing centrally. His performance also dipped when he moved back to the wide position. I dont care if it comes at the expense of Lameiras, our best chance of winning games is GC playing well and playing at no.10 is the way to get him going again in my opinion.