New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 39 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
davie nine":27qa8yrb said:
I think Jon Back said, at Fans’ Forum, that it would open mid January.
I wish I didn’t post that now. I wasn’t complaining, just repeating what Jon said.
Anyhow, it’s, currently, less than a week overdue for crying out loud.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
James J":14gy9thj said:
Hi, can someone let me know where I can collect my match ticket tomorrow with all the building work going on? Living in the midlands I haven’t been down to Home Park for a while. Thanks in advance.

Still the same old ticket office....

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Biggs":3ri4oaj7 said:
The ‘whole project’ looks amateurish, Andy? As in the the grandstand in general?

You can’t possibly think that if you’ve been following the webcams and the GoS updates.

Depends entirely on your agenda surely?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
John Cooper":315m8bp9 said:
James J":315m8bp9 said:
Hi, can someone let me know where I can collect my match ticket tomorrow with all the building work going on? Living in the midlands I haven’t been down to Home Park for a while. Thanks in advance.

Still the same old ticket office....

I hear there will be a Target Special laid on to cover the extra 450 metres.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Graham Clark":148do8mc said:
Most importantly, if you are a POTD casual visitor and not conversant with online ticketing you can't just 'roll up' as in the old days you have to go to the ticket office to get a match day ticket. If you are unaware, as many are, that you cannot pay at the turnstile you have to walk from the particular turnstile entrance to the ticket office, queue and then return to an appropriate turnstile.

What century are you living in? Okay, better signage showing where to go to get tickets might be needed around Home Park but if I go to a football ground that I am unfamiliar with, I expect to have to look for the Box Office and would be extremely surprised to find cash on the gate being used.

Logistically, pay on the gate must be a nightmare for the club. Security first of all. The cash from the sale of 500 tickets amounts to over ten grand! I very much doubt turnstiles are the best places to manage that sort of cash handling and anyway, our society is very quickly heading in the direction of paying by card or mobile phone, especially amounts needed for football tickets these days.

What about the actual tickets? Unless there is a sit anywhere policy (which season ticket holders would moan about if their favourite seats are constantly taken) clubs would have to issue tickets at the turnstile. Is it practical and wasteful to print hundreds of tickets that may not be used or needed? Tickets sold at the box office are printed upon purchase but they can't sell a seat there if there is already an unsold ticket for that seat waiting in a pile at the turnstile.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
New superstore appears fitted out and there’s even some merchandise appearing inside

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The new ticket office and club shop opens on Tuesday 5 February.

club website