New changing rooms and WC

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Looking at placing them outside of the devonport end. Will lose a lot of space where the burger vans and st Johns ambulance normally park.

Sep 25, 2010
Tugboat":1j8myyk8 said:
Looking at placing them outside of the devonport end. Will lose a lot of space where the burger vans and st Johns ambulance normally park.

Well obviously, will have to park somewhere else!!

May 16, 2016
Tugboat":u3nevxtd said:

I take comfort from the word 'Temporary'.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Guiri Green":3hqzawve said:
Tugboat":3hqzawve said:

I take comfort from the word 'Temporary'.

I just hope the drainage will be OK? :whistle: i would not want to drop my programme from the seller, if it is wet underfoot!

Sep 25, 2010
PicassoPigeon":3350r1ko said:
I see the work on these temporary changing facilities has begun. The large exit gate area at the Devonport end is now fenced off. :scarf:

With this area now fenced off, the vehicle exit, will now be probably unavailable as an exit.

So we willl probably have the moaners, who can’t get out of the ground within 10 secs, of the final whistle.

Patience, patience !!!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Martyn":rxw7hywt said:
With this area now fenced off, the vehicle exit, will now be probably unavailable as an exit.

Which is possibly why Bernard has laid a temporary crushed rubble 'road' to the pitch at the BP end.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Martyn":3gpm5czr said:
PicassoPigeon":3gpm5czr said:
I see the work on these temporary changing facilities has begun. The large exit gate area at the Devonport end is now fenced off. :scarf:

So we willl probably have the moaners, who can’t get out of the ground within 10 secs, of the final whistle.

Patience, patience !!!
Jon Back spoke of this in his most recent development blog

Jon Back":3gpm5czr said:
Whilst I am talking about the temporary changing-rooms, it might be a good time to clear up some misconceptions about the Devonport end vehicle gate, which caused some angst when it was not opened post-match a couple of games ago.

This gate is not a pedestrian gate, and from day one of the ‘new’ stands, has never been included within our exit calculations. Indeed we should not really have ever used it for pedestrian purposes, as national rules state that we must be able to bring emergency vehicles into the stadium unimpeded for a set period after the final whistle. On balance, though, we have used it to allow people to leave the ground in the last couple of games, but this will completely stop once the temporary players’ facilities are in use.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Argy1e":1lz1xz8c said:
Martyn":1lz1xz8c said:
PicassoPigeon":1lz1xz8c said:

Patience, patience !!!
Jon Back spoke of this in his most recent development blog

Jon Back":1lz1xz8c said:
Whilst I am talking about the temporary changing-rooms, it might be a good time to clear up some misconceptions about the Devonport end vehicle gate, which caused some angst when it was not opened post-match a couple of games ago.

This gate is not a pedestrian gate, and from day one of the ‘new’ stands, has never been included within our exit calculations. Indeed we should not really have ever used it for pedestrian purposes, as national rules state that we must be able to bring emergency vehicles into the stadium unimpeded for a set period after the final whistle. On balance, though, we have used it to allow people to leave the ground in the last couple of games, but this will completely stop once the temporary players’ facilities are in use.

Out for my walk this morning, I notice that unless there is huge progress on the foundation/drains work for the changing rooms in the next 24 hours, it is highly likely that the only access to the Lyndhurst gates will be via the steps coming up from roadway adjacent to Loves field.
This is because the access between existing railings and the temporary fencing is only about 3 people wide and is an obvious trip hazard from concrete blocks holding up fence.

Discuss....

6ko2HNb.jpg

16:15, Stop Press this is completely fenced off now, so access will be via the steps. I hope club have thought about anyone with mobility issues?

May 16, 2016
So, if the Fencing is definitley going to br blocking the access and the Steps it is, wouldn't it have been prudent of the Club to prewarn everyone ? Thats a lot of steps for some.

Grandstander jokes aside, that's good reason to grumble. Foreward thinking and Argyle ?

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
John Cooper":2aah4sga said:
16:15, Stop Press this is completely fenced off now, so access will be via the steps. I hope club have thought about anyone with mobility issues?
From what I saw this evening, it looks like they've created a route through to the Lyndhurst, but it will very probably be a bottleneck, so using the steps might be wise.