When will hoardings be removed? Why are they there? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

When will hoardings be removed? Why are they there?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Does anybody know if the hoardings will be removed? It seems odd that the contractors would choose to be hemmed in now the season has finished?

Does anybody know when camera 1 will be working again? As with the hoardings Camera 1 is the best camera to judge how far along has been progressed and also, it would be interesting to see how much/little room has been allowed for the dugouts?

At the Barn Park end of the grandstand, because of where it lines up to the goal line that there will be a significant number of seats which will not be able to see either corner flags at that end or any goal mouth action. Will these seats even be sold?

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Ade the green":2xo606f7 said:
Does anybody know if the hoardings will be removed? It seems odd that the contractors would choose to be hemmed in now the season has finished?

Does anybody know when camera 1 will be working again? As with the hoardings Camera 1 is the best camera to judge how far along has been progressed and also, it would be interesting to see how much/little room has been allowed for the dugouts?

At the Barn Park end of the grandstand, because of where it lines up to the goal line that there will be a significant number of seats which will not be able to see either corner flags at that end or any goal mouth action. Will these seats even be sold?

I would imagine that the scaffolding that was erected to provide the temporary tv camera platform has been taken down. A permanent platform is going to be built to replace it but not sure when this will start but will be in place for next season.
Yes there will be some very restrictive seats in the upper terrace but as Simon pointed out at one of the forums the additional cost of extending the grandstand sideways would not be cost effective as the seats would rarely if ever be needed due to the increased capacity of the new facilities

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
One of the GoS photo sets a while back showed the restricted view from both ends of the GS. The BP end is worse than the DP but the seats will probably not be sold until such times as they are the only ones available!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
As to the hoardings, they are keeping the contractors off the non-existent green green grass of Home Park

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Thanks for the replies.

Be nice if, now the season has ended we find a “permanent” position for the cameras to see out the refurb.

Also and sorry to be a pain but I see from the countdowns that it’s 81 days till the start of the season and only 107 days until the refurb is complete. As this is only 26 days, is it not possible the seats could be available very early in the season whilst the conference fit out is happening assuming the completion dates are for the whole project?

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Without Cam 1 working it is hard to judge how far along the concrete terracing has gone on Cam 2....looks like it is about there.

Unfortunately on Cam 3 all we've got is a close up of a platform parked in front of the camera.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Princerock":3rlk8m30 said:
Without Cam 1 working it is hard to judge how far along the concrete terracing has gone on Cam 2....looks like it is about there.

Unfortunately on Cam 3 all we've got is a close up of a platform parked in front of the camera.
Here's a sneaky preview of a photo for the coming weekend, taken this morning. Four and a bit bays to go, plus the disabled platforms.

As for the question of the fence, I presume it will stay up until the contractors hand the stand over to the club, which is planned now for October I believe.

stand%202019-05-15.jpg

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
GreensOnScreen":36a5lk2k said:
Princerock":36a5lk2k said:

Here's a sneaky preview of a photo for the coming weekend, taken this morning. Four and a bit bays to go, plus the disabled platforms.

As for the question of the fence, I presume it will stay up until the contractors hand the stand over to the club, which is planned now for October I believe.

stand%202019-05-15.jpg

Just when you thought you couldn’t get any more excited, GoS does this... what a hero! I’ve tried webcam one at least 4 times today hoping for this view. Thank you!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Centre Circle":2j0n0zn0 said:
I’ve tried webcam one at least 4 times today hoping for this view. Thank you!
JonB said on one of the other threads that cam #1 was down as it was being relocated.

May 16, 2016
GreensOnScreen":29o0wcsz said:
Princerock":29o0wcsz said:

stand%202019-05-15.jpg

Is this what they mean when they say the 'players are already on the beach' ? :)

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Went up to collect ST and had a peak inside the ground to see this being erected.

20190516_152244-300x225.jpg

tonsk