Retaining Wall (Mayflower Stand) Boundary | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Retaining Wall (Mayflower Stand) Boundary

Jan 5, 2019
Seen on the last set of G.O.S. pictures that we've started the foundations for the retaining wall at the Barn Park End with kerbing being put in behind the new changing rooms.

Obviously this is where it starts but i'm just wondering as to where it ends?

Does the wall end at the new club shop?

Or go further and join between the old mini facade & the devonport end replacing the wooden barriers that are there now?

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Not sure why you think there will be a wall, and certainly not a retaining wall. I don't think there's anything on GoS that suggests that.

The boundary will mainly be a fence according to the plans.

Jan 5, 2019
GreensOnScreen":1thmu3y0 said:
Not sure why you think there will be a wall, and certainly not a retaining wall. I don't think there's anything on GoS that suggests that.

The boundary will mainly be a fence according to the plans.

Okay thank you for informing me that, although not arguing the fact just saying in the latest set of pictures set 63 the 26th picture in that mentions a retaining wall.

If that is the case of a fence how far will the fence go to? barn park side (behind changing rooms) to the devonport end (at club shop) or go further & have new fencing between old mini facade turnstiles & devonport end? where there is just wooden panels at the moment.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The horseshoe has never had a fence behind it and won't now. The plans show a fence to stop people wandering into the dressing room area. There will also be one down the length of the grandstand as there has always been, to separate those who have gone through the turnstiles and those who haven't.

See https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online ... 522287.pdf which is linked from viewtopic.php?f=78&t=106220

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
BcbC2312":26xf6h8a said:
Okay thank you for informing me that, although not arguing the fact just saying in the latest set of pictures set 63 the 26th picture in that mentions a retaining wall.

It doesn't mention the retaining wall, it shows the retaining wall. A retaining wall it used to stop land at a higher level sliding onto land at a lower level, as shown in the photo. It is nothing to do with retaining the public outside or inside the stadium.

The biggest retaining wall in the whole build is the one behind the dressing rooms which stops the GT's building sliding onto the dressing rooms.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Sorry if I confused - the retaining wall mentioned there is the one behind the dressing rooms that shores up the much higher ground behind it. But that's not near from the boundary line along the south side.