Reversable Tunnel (Retractable Tunnel) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Reversable Tunnel (Retractable Tunnel)

Apr 30, 2017
Any updates on this? I am sure it has been mentioned that we would be getting a new reversable tunnel; and I assume that they would like this in place for the first game of the Season at the latest.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Retractable tunnel? I could be wrong but I wouldn't have thought it's needed until the fence comes down when the grandstand's finished.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
My only thought is that it offers opportunity for the more aggressive element of some opposition supporters to lob missiles at Argyle players as they return to the dressing room, unless there is a protective tunnel.

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
Quintrell_Green":3iz3yduo said:
My only thought is that it offers opportunity for the more aggressive element of some opposition supporters to lob missiles at Argyle players as they return to the dressing room, unless there is a protective tunnel.
I totally agree, that's why there needs to be some sort of tunnel like you see at slot of other grounds .
This isn't s criticism of the grandstand,just a constructive comment.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm sure there is going to be but nothing will be put in whilst the machinery is trumbling up and down. I reckon towards October we'll see something there.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
I'm sure I've read somewhere that there are plans to have some sort of collapsable tunnel from the changing room doors to pitchside

Apr 29, 2010
i can't recall exactly, but wasn't that for when the corners are filled and the fans will go over the heads of the players heading to the pitch? can't understand the need for one in the meantime. though i was watching the Argyle v Burnley 1994 play off match earlier and remembered the old green cage that used to protect the players. id prefer the green cage to a retractable thingy majig.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Wasn't the idea to use a tunnel to direct the players so that they come out partway along the Grandstand next to home fans rather than in the corner right by the away fans?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The tunnel will come out at an angle that would mean that the away fans are nearer than the home fans.

Hence the idea that a tunnel would get the players past that corner before they are seen (if you see what I mean).