Lighter coloured cladding (east end) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lighter coloured cladding (east end)

Jan 5, 2019
Does anyone know when the other lighter cladding is going to be added at the east end?

I think it's known as a wind breaker cladding on football stands but not sure, the bit i'm talking about is the cladding that runs from the front of the roof to the side cladding & is a lighter colour.

It's been on the west end of the mayflower for a few weeks now, but seems to be taking a while to be put up on the opposite side at the east.

Any answers on why this has been taking ages to be put up on the east end and/or when it will come up would be much appreciated.

May 5, 2006
I don't think it is going on the East end as it will reduce further the view of the Barn Park end goal from the seats at that end.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
bristolmac":y0rc1708 said:
I don't think it is going on the East end as it will reduce further the view of the Barn Park end goal from the seats at that end.
It was added to the west end only, as that is the end most exposed to the prevailing wind and hence rain.

Jan 5, 2019
bristolmac":prhuysbj said:

Thank you for answering my question, their idea makes sense with the view line of things.

Jan 5, 2019
Argylegames":inryoxve said:
bristolmac":inryoxve said:
It was added to the west end only, as that is the end most exposed to the prevailing wind and hence rain.

Thanks for answering this, I now get a better understanding of what's happening with that end, plus why they haven't done it.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
BcbC2312":2vf6jkdp said:
Does anyone know when the other lighter cladding is going to be added at the east end?

I think it's known as a wind breaker cladding on football stands but not sure, the bit i'm talking about is the cladding that runs from the front of the roof to the side cladding & is a lighter colour.

It's been on the west end of the mayflower for a few weeks now, but seems to be taking a while to be put up on the opposite side at the east.

Any answers on why this has been taking ages to be put up on the east end and/or when it will come up would be much appreciated.
The windshield to which I believe you are referring will be fitted at the east end of the Grandstand when the stand is actually completed as part of the so-called Phase 2; in other words, some time never.

We have been waiting since 1951 to complete the Grandstand by extending it to reach both ends of the Mayflower Terrace as was originally envisaged by Archibald Leitch’s son, so don’t hold your breath.

Jan 5, 2019
The windshield to which I believe you are referring will be fitted at the east end of the Grandstand when the stand is actually completed as part of the so-called Phase 2; in other words, some time never.

We have been waiting since 1951 to complete the Grandstand by extending it to reach both ends of the Mayflower Terrace as was originally envisaged by Archibald Leitch’s son, so don’t hold your breath.[/quote]

Thank you that's what I seen it called on greens on screen, those answers to the windshield cladding make even more sense now as to what will happen, if it does as you say :lol:

Not in a negative sense but it has to be said, the mayflower does give a valley parade vibe with a shorter run top tiered stand just like Bradford city's main stand, but what is our saving grace is that ours is an old fashion pillar stand of which aren't always symmetrical to tiers or pitch.

Where theirs looks out of place a little as its modern cantilevered and they're usually built to be symmetrical and run square with the pitch length, plus are bottom tier although like Bradford's runs longer then the top, it does run the full pitch length where as valley parades does not, there's runs roughly 60% cross pitch lower & 50% upper.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
BcbC2312":pgehel3a said:

We have been waiting since 1951 to complete the Grandstand by extending it to reach both ends of the Mayflower Terrace as was originally envisaged by Archibald Leitch’s son, so don’t hold your breath.

Thank you that's what I seen it called on greens on screen, those answers to the windshield cladding make even more sense now as to what will happen, if it does as you say :lol:

Not in a negative sense but it has to be said, the mayflower does give a valley parade vibe with a shorter run top tiered stand just like Bradford city's main stand, but what is our saving grace is that ours is an old fashion pillar stand of which aren't always symmetrical to tiers or pitch.

Where theirs looks out of place a little as its modern cantilevered and they're usually built to be symmetrical and run square with the pitch length, plus are bottom tier although like Bradford's runs longer then the top, it does run the full pitch length where as valley parades does not, there's runs roughly 60% cross pitch lower & 50% upper.[/quote]

I haven't been to B City for a long time but I recall there's not a lot of space behind the main stand so maybe they could only fit in the bit that is there?

Jan 5, 2019
David_Fisher":31m9j7i3 said:
I haven't been to B City for a long time but I recall there's not a lot of space behind the main stand so maybe they could only fit in the bit that is there?

Yeah that's true Dave, if you go onto a website called football ground guide they have maps on teams grounds, at valley parade you're right behind their main stand is a curved road and the end of terrace houses that prevents further extention of the stand, unless they knock houses down once people move out & dig up the road, or build over it like villa parks trinity road stand.