Electronic advertising boards with scoreboard | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Electronic advertising boards with scoreboard

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
I was watching Saturday nights EFL Show and what i saw was a really good idea!

Cant remember which ground it was at, it was definitely a league one or two club, but they had electronic advertising boards (only a foot or two high) around the side of the pitch which showed the current score and time.

Would be brilliant if Argyle could implement this for the new grandstand...

Would be much much cheaper than a massive scoreboard in the corner a few people have been talking about.

Looked really good

Just a thought :?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
argyleforever":10yvbf85 said:
I was watching Saturday nights EFL Show and what i saw was a really good idea!

Cant remember which ground it was at, it was definitely a league one or two club, but they had electronic advertising boards (only a foot or two high) around the side of the pitch which showed the current score and time.

Would be brilliant if Argyle could implement this for the new grandstand...

Would be much much cheaper than a massive scoreboard in the corner a few people have been talking about.

Looked really good

Just a thought :?

Not a bad idea but I think I'll stick with my usual procedure:

Watch the game and wear a watch!! ;)

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
Could be an advantage for the players though in a way, if we're winning or losing its always good to know exactly how much time is remaining...

Apr 1, 2009
argyleforever":3vug33qs said:
Could be an advantage for the players though in a way, if we're winning or losing its always good to know exactly how much time is remaining...

Why would our players gain an advantage, rather than the opposition's?

Never quite seen the need for a scoreboard. When did anyone last have a problem keeping up with the score?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Hmmm. Whether it’s needed or not I think a scoreboard is a basic requirement, I’d be very very surprised if a completed, modern football stadium didn’t have one.

I’d imagine even for health and safety reasons (announcements and directions in case of emergency etc) it would be fairly important.

I like the retro scoreboards they have at Old Trafford and (I think) Anfield though, no need for a huge screen.

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
xmastree":2lv53263 said:
argyleforever":2lv53263 said:

Why would our players gain an advantage, rather than the opposition's?

Never quite seen the need for a scoreboard. When did anyone last have a problem keeping up with the score?

I didnt say 'OUR' players would gain an advantage did!?

It would make the game a bit more exciting towards the last 5 minutes of the end perhaps, both teams attacking.

But like biggs said it should be standard requirement because of health and saftey, its a new stand afterall, so i don't see why not

Dec 3, 2005
They had electronic advertising boards at a game some 2 maybe 3 seasons ago, and they were either angled wrongly or just too bright, that the Grandstand supporters and the Directors box and the press box were blinded. Couldn't see anything at all happening on the Lyndhurst side. Eventually they were switched off sometime during the game and you would have thought Argyle had scored.

So NO from me to electronic advertising boards.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That was a SINGLE game v Bristol Rovers. After that, they weren't a problem at all.

They were taken away as not being economically viable.