✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Quite a player to say that he didn't turn professional until he was in his 30s. As a fellow Welshman I used to follow his career and watch him all the time. I remember he was chuffed to bits and proud when his daughter became a Page 3 model. RIP Doug.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I see your Johnny Briggs and Glenn Roeder and give you:

Prof John Mallard known for his pioneering work in medical imaging has died at the age of 94. (25th February 2021).
He notably led a team at the University of Aberdeen which developed the first whole-body Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanner.

I probably owe my life to one of those three. Wonder if you might guess which?? :think: ;)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Mr F1 himself. Hard to believe it's been 20 years since he retired. Loved listening to him. RIP Murray.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Growing up, Sunday lunchtime, Formula 1 on the telly, Murray and Martin providing the soundtrack. Myself and my brother both agreed yesterday that we probably wouldn't have gained the same level of passion that we have for F1 today if it wasn't for Murray Walker. He just was Formula 1.

Despite him being 97, I feel shocked and gutted that he's gone. RIP legend.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
cheshiregreen":1jakunvj said:
Murray Walker . 97 years, no idea how many GPs he saw. RIP.

He saw all those GPs and none of them could save him?/

I've just got a vision of a hearse racing past with a high pitched commentary: '.. and theeeeeere goes Murray Walker!!'

No disrespect in joking here because he was so enthusiastic and obviously loved his racing. Lucky man to get a job that was his life anyway!! :nworthy:

I'm not a huge F1 fan but if it wasn't for Murray Walker I would probably never have watched any.

RIP (Racing in paradise).

Marvellous Marvin Hagler RIP too.