Denmark v Finland | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Denmark v Finland

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It is interesting that people are complaining (I don't mean on here) that the BBC failed to cut the live feed yet most of them carried on watching rather than use their own remote control to turn it off.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Lundan Cabbie":114s4j44 said:
It is interesting that people are complaining (I don't mean on here) that the BBC failed to cut the live feed yet most of them carried on watching rather than use their own remote control to turn it off.
I did address that on the previous page.

Yes, it's a tricky one - whether to turn off or not. Like most people, I'm sure, I kept watching in the hope of seeing him at least revived before before being stretchered off.

Was that his wife at the touchline as well, though? Not nice to see at all, and the "wartime cameraman - capture everything" argument hardly applied here. It was a sporting event.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Willis88":3dy30ngg said:
cheshiregreen":3dy30ngg said:
Argyleloyal87":3dy30ngg said:
Match to be played again tonight

Well that is a disgrace in my view. Surely the players will have no interest after what they have been through

The players have asked to play.

Down to them to decide

That is certainly what the UEFA statement said.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Apparently Eriksen FaceTimed the team from the hospital and asked them to play the game. Fantastic news.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
MickyD":15hcrqx8 said:
Lundan Cabbie":15hcrqx8 said:
I did address that on the previous page.

Yes, it's a tricky one - whether to turn off or not. Like most people, I'm sure, I kept watching in the hope of seeing him at least revived before before being stretchered off.

Was that his wife at the touchline as well, though? Not nice to see at all, and the "wartime cameraman - capture everything" argument hardly applied here. It was a sporting event.

Fair play Mickey. The decision to show pictures of his partner was not a good one on the part of the Danish TV director. It wasn't something the BBC could control on a live broadcast though.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Back to the footy for a moment - that was the softest of penalties and, although we all feel sympathy for Denmark, I was quite glad that it was missed.

Oh, and Belgium have just scored.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
cheshiregreen":mrbjzeed said:
Willis88":mrbjzeed said:
cheshiregreen":mrbjzeed said:
Argyleloyal87":mrbjzeed said:

Well that is a disgrace in my view. Surely the players will have no interest after what they have been through

Down to them to decide

Some reports on social media (I know) suggest UEFA told Denmark game had to be played by nòon Sunday at latest.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/emotion ... vvucqaybqv

Edit - these reports are confirmed. I stick by my view. Danish players shouldn't have been put in such a position.

Christian Eriksen collapse: The heroes who helped save Denmark's star player - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57457388

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
cheshiregreen":2r0uj6lz said:
Willis88":2r0uj6lz said:
Argyleloyal87":2r0uj6lz said:

Down to them to decide

Some reports on social media (I know) suggest UEFA told Denmark game had to be played by nòon Sunday at latest.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/emotion ... vvucqaybqv

Edit - these reports are confirmed. I stick by my view. Danish players shouldn't have been put in such a position.

Christian Eriksen collapse: The heroes who helped save Denmark's star player - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57457388

Yes upon reading various statements I need to withdraw my comments.

Very much seems like the players were forced to play yesterday or this morning.

I appreciate the scheduling issue but sometimes humanity is ignored for the tournament and that's not right.

The only good news is Erikson seems to be recovering well.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
I think it would have been better to give both teams a point and not play on.

I'm sure both teams would have accepted that with the important matter being that Christian was awake and stable.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
According to Peter Schmeichel Denmark was offered 3 choices from UEFA about the game following what happened with Eriksen and the options was.

One was to play immediately and get the last 50 minutes played, second was to come in yesterday at 12 noon and finish the 50 minutes and the third option was to forfeit the game, 3-0.