England v Scotland | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

England v Scotland

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I was able to watch the game this afternoon, and whilst Scotland had their offensive moments, I do not think they will 'hurt' England because their forwards lack the killer touch, especially against a more sophisticated defensive line. Do many support that thought?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Maybe, our defensive line will cope against Scotland but our sophistication could be severely tested if we progress further in the competition.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Scotland will beat England. They have more desire to beat the 3 lions and will be really up for it.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
smudja":1wald4ng said:
Scotland will beat England. They have more desire to beat the 3 lions and will be really up for it.

No chance. The gulf between the squads are now huge compared to the Home International days. Desire is not enough. The Scots just haven't the quality. I'd be amazed if Scotland scrape a draw.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Really looking forward to this. England should win, of course, but we mustn't be complacent.
Reminds me a bit of when we play them lot up the road. Argyle obviously better, but not always 'on it'.
Come on England!!!!!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Bernie Bernbaum":2w7yxas2 said:
smudja":2w7yxas2 said:

No chance. The gulf between the squads are now huge compared to the Home International days. Desire is not enough. The Scots just haven't the quality. I'd be amazed if Scotland scrape a draw.

Not even that far back. Watching the short highlights of Euro 96 after the Holland game last night - not sure that Scotland even have the (limited) quality of McAllister or Hendrie now.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Decent game.

Stirling makes great runs but his touch has been awful.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We are too slow, the full backs are sitting and not pushing forward. It's crying out for Grealish.

Are there any England fans in the stadium because the cameras are only showing Scotland fans.

I didn't realise John Carver is a coach for Scotland.

Mar 26, 2004
monkeywrench":1g9niemz said:
Decent game.

Stirling makes great runs but his touch has been awful.

Every touch/control is 2 yards in front of him, if that was an Argyle player i would be going mad. Time for Rashford or Grealish. Foden looks up for it and playing well, the 2 in front of the back four look all over the place. Need more tempo with the passing, the scots look tired already, but still look a threat on the break due to our panicking defence

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Sterling takes about 7 minutes to make a decision as to whether to shoot or play a pass. It’s pathetic.

Mar 26, 2004
Cobi Budge":16uqihgo said:
Sterling takes about 7 minutes to make a decision as to whether to shoot or play a pass. It’s pathetic.

so he takes our best player off for another great player and leaves the out of form Sterling on....... :crazy:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I hope he proves me wrong but we don’t deserve to win anything with this under qualified clown in charge.

Mar 26, 2004
Cobi Budge":3kywlvsr said:
I hope he proves me wrong but we don’t deserve to win anything with this under qualified clown in charge.

Pretty sure Steve holland makes most of the decisions and Southgate is just the media man