TV pundits. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

TV pundits.

Sep 25, 2010
Emeraldinho":3qcox6sm said:
I have to admit, the female pundit co-commentating the AUT-UKR game (Emma ?) is pretty good with some insightful, measured contributions. Quite a pleasant surprise. :thumbup:

I am surprised that you think commentary from a female pundit is a pleasant surprise.

Why shouldn’t a female pundit have some measured insightful contribution.

Aug 14, 2014
Thank goodness Clinton Morrison is not adding his usual load of tripe.

Or have I just been fortunate not to have tuned in when he has?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
xmastree":3rio56rx said:
The Doctor":3rio56rx said:
I like Graeme Souness as a pundit, always have, but the best TV pundit by far is Roy Keane because he always says exactly what he thinks.

Disagree. Keane is acting out a role - particularly when in Mr Angry mode.

Well okay. He says exactly what Roy Keane acting out the role of Mr Angry would say. It's still far more fun/entertaining to watch and listen to than the other pundits.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Southampton Hake":bibg2ncg said:
Thank goodness Clinton Morrison is not adding his usual load of tripe.

Or have I just been fortunate not to have tuned in when he has?
I was unfortunate to be listening to a match on the car radio (BBC 5Live) and Morrison was the co commentator. Can't say I'm too keen on Jermaine Jenas and Chris Sutton either. I don't mind any of the others and much prefer ITV to BBC.

Aug 5, 2016
Martyn":16c4ekbx said:
Emeraldinho":16c4ekbx said:
I have to admit, the female pundit co-commentating the AUT-UKR game (Emma ?) is pretty good with some insightful, measured contributions. Quite a pleasant surprise. :thumbup:

I am surprised that you think commentary from a female pundit is a pleasant surprise.

Why shouldn’t a female pundit have some measured insightful contribution.

Possibly a comment aimed at the standard of other female commentators and pundits beforehand.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Actually, I meant it was a pleasant surprise simply because I’d never heard of her before or come across her commentating on a match, before anyone starts reading anything else into my post. :roll:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I remember years ago thinking that Gary Neville was dreadful but now I think he’s one of the fairest and most insightful pundits in the game. I’d much rather listen to him than any other British pundit.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Emeraldinho":26vixx8m said:
Actually, I meant it was a pleasant surprise simply because I’d never heard of her before or come across her commentating on a match, before anyone starts reading anything else into my post. :roll:

On duty today Spain v Croatia

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Martyn":vwxfds6c said:
I thought Tyldesley was bad, but Matterface is about as pathetic as you can get.

If he said, ‘hold onto your seats’, once last night, he said it numerous times,
And don’t start me on Ian Wright, totally awful.
Also, Matterface,the oft repeated phrase "And on we go"! Of course we do, there's 90 minutes of it! Said after almost every stoppage of any variety! I started joining in with him. A weird form of audience participation on my part.

Aug 5, 2015
Much talk about our wingbacks. Heard a Martin Keown comment the other day about wingbacks. He said the one thing they are not is full backs, they are generally wide midfielders or wingers. I think Martin Keown is a little more knowledgeable than the average fan. Some of ours need to manage their expectations about what a wingback can and can’t do!