England V Czech Republic | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England V Czech Republic

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Cobi Budge":2i8vynrw said:
Two holding midfielders and Saka over Sancho. :eh:

No Foden what’s strange as well, considering times last season he kept Sterling out the City squad

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Gareth Southgate says that he isn't selecting Jadon Sancho due to a lack of experience but then selects Bukayo Saka. Jadon Sancho has 107 career appearances and 38 goals (for a better team) to Bukayo Saka's 59 appearances and 6 goals.

May 22, 2006
It's a game neither team especially wants to win, because finishing top means you're probably going out in round 2. A point apiece will see both teams through with England probably facing the easier second round tie.

So I expect the game to peter out, assuming it gets going at all, with both sides deciding to pass it sideways for the last half an hour rather than risk injuries and suspensions. Southgate has already said he doesn't want to risk Foden, so clearly preserving his team is more important than winning.

Nil-nil written all over it.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ham Green":16q3snzd said:
It's a game neither team especially wants to win, because finishing top means you're probably going out in round 2. A point apiece will see both teams through with England probably facing the easier second round tie.

So I expect the game to peter out, assuming it gets going at all, with both sides deciding to pass it sideways for the last half an hour rather than risk injuries and suspensions. Southgate has already said he doesn't want to risk Foden, so clearly preserving his team is more important than winning.

Nil-nil written all over it.

We should absolutely want to win. If we finish top we stay at Wembley, if we finish second we head to Copenhagen. We'll need to play a top nation at some stage, it makes no difference whether it's in the next round or further down the line.

Feb 28, 2009
Torquay
It's become something of an english trait to worry too much about which route to take to get the easier game in the next round.

Typically english and goes a long way to explaining why we aren't tough enough mentally. We shouldn't care who we get in the next round. If you want to win a tournament, you have to beat good teams.

Beating Columbia and Sweden doesn't constitute a "great tournament", despite what the media told us.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
davie nine":4i4dnky3 said:
Cobi Budge":4i4dnky3 said:
There you go. Jack Grealish affecting the game straight away. Boom.
Yet, no mention of Saka who started that move, Cobi?

I said in my last post that Saka has been impressive. I wasn’t criticising Saka pre match, I was criticising Southgate’s hypocrisy in starting Saka over Sancho after his comments about experience.