England V Czech Republic | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England V Czech Republic

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
My prediction (and expectation) was 7 points from this group. We’ve definitely not been scintillating but we’ve done what we’ve needed to do. We’ll need to really raise our levels in the next round, but at least we can look forward to it.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Cobi Budge":2l7eqwrp said:
My prediction (and expectation) was 7 points from this group. We’ve definitely not been scintillating but we’ve done what we’ve needed to do. We’ll need to really raise our levels in the next round, but at least we can look forward to it.

Sure do need to raise our game for the next round, but sadly I reckon it will be our last game in the Euros

May 22, 2006
Walker was very good at breaking up the play. Shame it was England’s play. If there’s a forward pass on, he passed it back. He even beat a player and then passed it back.

Shaw’s crossing was pretty poor. Full backs will need to provide much more threat if we are to progress through the next round.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Cobi Budge":rcnrnkea said:
davie nine":rcnrnkea said:
Cobi Budge":rcnrnkea said:
There you go. Jack Grealish affecting the game straight away. Boom.
Yet, no mention of Saka who started that move, Cobi?

I said in my last post that Saka has been impressive. I wasn’t criticising Saka pre match, I was criticising Southgate’s hypocrisy in starting Saka over Sancho after his comments about experience.
You were ‘over the top’ in your criticism of Southgate and the team in the Scotland game. Obviously, it was a disappointing and frustrating game but there is no need to call the manager a hypocrite. Having been deprived of 2 of his squad by bad luck, he made selections that produced a deserved win with a goal scored by another player who you criticised.
We are in a distance race not a sprint.

Mar 14, 2009
I thought Saka was excellent today.

However, l feel we are a very safe and cautious side. First half it was decent but l still feel we pass the ball around too slowly.

It feels like watching a side with the handbrake on. Only when we go behind will we really see if this England team under Southgate really has the tactics and attacking play to go as far as the semi’s.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
davie nine":ixkafyil said:
Cobi Budge":ixkafyil said:
davie nine":ixkafyil said:
Cobi Budge":ixkafyil said:

I said in my last post that Saka has been impressive. I wasn’t criticising Saka pre match, I was criticising Southgate’s hypocrisy in starting Saka over Sancho after his comments about experience.
You were ‘over the top’ in your criticism of Southgate and the team in the Scotland game. Obviously, it was a disappointing and frustrating game but there is no need to call the manager a hypocrite. Having been deprived of 2 of his squad by bad luck, he made selections that produced a deserved win.

To say that the reason you’re not starting a player is because of a lack of experience, and then to start a player (in the same position) with half the experience is hypocritical. If Southgate had said he simply considers Saka the better option, or that he doesn’t think Sancho’s performances in games or in training merit a start, I’d have been fine with that.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Cobi Budge":22e871vk said:
davie nine":22e871vk said:
davie nine":22e871vk said:

You were ‘over the top’ in your criticism of Southgate and the team in the Scotland game. Obviously, it was a disappointing and frustrating game but there is no need to call the manager a hypocrite. Having been deprived of 2 of his squad by bad luck, he made selections that produced a deserved win.

To say that the reason you’re not starting a player is because of a lack of experience, and then to start a player (in the same position) with half the experience is hypocritical. If Southgate had said he simply considers Saka the better option, or that he doesn’t think Sancho’s performances in games or in training merit a start, I’d have been fine with that.
It seems strange that you want to concentrate on one comment he made about Sancho’s experience. I was also surprised that he selected Saka ahead of Sancho but he got the result he needed and Saka was probably our Man of the Match.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Three games. Three clean sheets.

Top of the group and next game at Wembley. It's tournament football we don't need to score 3 goals a game. Just keep winning.
If we were Germany or Italy their fans would be so optimistic going forward.

Same old England/Argyle mentally on here

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Could do with Kane and/or another forward actually bothering. We'd be out without Sterling.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Seven points from nine, three clean sheets and into the next round. That's not too shabby.
Yes, we are cautious and defensive but other teams won't want to play against us because we are hard to beat.

Football doesn't always have to be about scoring three or four goals and while France, Italy and a few others play fast attacking football our way is to grind out results in order to qualify from the group.
Let's see how we play in a knockout game.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
The 2nd half was incredibly dull again. Which is absolutely fine when we're winning. Good game management, restricted CR to barely a shot in the whole half. The worry is if we go a goal down. We have the attacking talent to score against anyone, but I'm not sure we have the attacking tactical nouse from the sidelines.

Defensively we were excellent, although a lot of that has to be credited to the midfield as well, the CM's for screening and the wide men for tracking back very well. The 4-2-3-1 out of possession works well.

In possession it became more of a 4-2-1-3 or even a 4-2-2-2, with Kane dropping level with Grealish to link play, and Saka/Sterling stretching the defence in behind. Again, for the first half an hour or so, this worked well.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
davie nine":2pgzc8co said:
Cobi Budge":2pgzc8co said:
davie nine":2pgzc8co said:
Cobi Budge":2pgzc8co said:

You were ‘over the top’ in your criticism of Southgate and the team in the Scotland game. Obviously, it was a disappointing and frustrating game but there is no need to call the manager a hypocrite. Having been deprived of 2 of his squad by bad luck, he made selections that produced a deserved win with a goal scored by another player who you criticised.

Bad management, bad supervision, bad policy, bad discipline, bad decision making.
All those: not bad luck!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Pogleswoody":2zypg0xf said:
Bad management, bad supervision, bad policy, bad discipline, bad decision making.
All those: not bad luck!
:iagree:

Mostly idiocy by deciding to ignore the 'bubble' rules!

Should have been expelled from the squad and sent home 'pour encourager les autres'

Apr 1, 2009
Ponty":1eqij6c8 said:
Three games. Three clean sheets.

Top of the group and next game at Wembley. It's tournament football we don't need to score 3 goals a game. Just keep winning.
If we were Germany or Italy their fans would be so optimistic going forward.

Same old England/Argyle mentally on here

When did Argyle last have the problem of three successive clean sheets to moan about?