Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
charlee":2hkpljnf said:
A ten point deduction would still leave them 2nd, showing how cack the scottish league is! Essentially they would still be in Champions League next season!

Dundee got -25 points i think Rangers should get that too, but i guess that was SFL Not SPL for the dundee case
I think they'd have to be back out of administration to be in the Champion's League next season.

C

charlee

Keepitgreen":1smlqwsa said:
charlee":1smlqwsa said:
A ten point deduction would still leave them 2nd, showing how cack the scottish league is! Essentially they would still be in Champions League next season!

Dundee got -25 points i think Rangers should get that too, but i guess that was SFL Not SPL for the dundee case
I think they'd have to be back out of administration to be in the Champion's League next season.

Oh so Motherwell/Dundee United or Killie could be in Champions League thats a great thing for one of them

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Quinny":q9v7641n said:
When Rangers get a 10 point penalty, they'll still be 2nd in the table, 9 points ahead of Motherwell. They'd probably finish second anyway this season so ... how exactly is this a punishment for them?

Exactly - they can write off the best part of £49M public money and it won't even affect their league position. Hardly fair on the other clubs in that league.

Jan 27, 2006
kauto star":33wpu5wg said:
kauto star":33wpu5wg said:
£49 Million in debt & losing £10 Million a year.

Crikey!!!!

Oh and the £49 Million is just the tax thats owed

Not quite correct. The £49m is a potential debt that could arise if Rangers lose the Big Tax Case. As this is not yet a liability this could become a problem for Rangers further down the line. Or not if they get wound up. Still I'm sure Sir David Murray is sleeping soundly...

I've not seen any confirmation yet but I believe that this admin will have been triggered by the Wee Tax Bill (£2.8m)which is a more pressing debt and is the more 'standard' non payment of VAT et al.

Sep 3, 2011
10 point deduction means nothing, one day a team will go bust and it could be this year, a fairer alternative to the 10 point deduction would be demotion the following season, and if the tem in question got relegated then they would drop another division.

P

Pluggy

Living North of the Border Craig Whyte is a crook on an industrial scale, He's made this move as He would currently be the largest Creditor, as The HMRC about to hit The Huns for a whopping £49 Million Tax Dodge under their previous owner (Sir David Murray), the current owner(Whyte) knew this was going to happen when he took over the club, in past 15 years guy has own over 23 different companies and guess what .. they've gone Bust!!!
What Murray has done to Scottish football in the 90's was ruin it completely so this one club I have no sympathy what so ever if the disappear from the face of the earth.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
It shows the sorry boring state of Scottish football when they can take ''minus 10'' and still be 2nd !!!!!! So here we are Feb 13th and the SPL is finished for the season. SSSSSssssssnnnnnnnoooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee.

They won't be the last by a long way !!!! Next - a Prem team ??????

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
The Rangers case has featured regularly in Private Eye over the last few months so this comes as no surprise to me. It's another one of those "everyone saw it coming except the authorities" situations.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Mike Kenna":1bzvr844 said:
Just said on SSN "HMRC fees could rise to £75 million!!!!

Over a number of years so it makes you wonder how they were allowed to build up such a debt whilst you guys for example probably got done for a fraction of it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It looks like a lot of football teams do the same thing, we had "other operating charges" and mortgaged our season ticket cash in 2008 for last season and this season so I bet the Rangers scenario is very similar, just on a bigger scale.

Jan 29, 2010
Some clubs have debts that far outweigh those of Pompey, Glasgow Rangers et al, but, most of the owners/chairman pay the HMRC and VAT when it is due. I personally have thought for some time that a reasonable sized club will topple sooner rather than later and then, sadly, a few more will follow.
pete

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":ly4t0cp5 said:
It looks like a lot of football teams do the same thing, we had "other operating charges" and mortgaged our season ticket cash in 2008 for last season and this season so I bet the Rangers scenario is very similar, just on a bigger scale.

This appears to be exactly what has happened.

Link

At the end of last month it emerged that the club had borrowed against future season ticket sales.

The latest estimate is that the tax bill could be £75m. :crazy: :shock:

The club said in a statement, however, that if the tribunal decided in favour of HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), it "could result in liabilities and penalties substantially more than the £50m reported which the club would be unable to pay".

He was later reported as saying this could reach up to £75m.

If Rangers do go into administration, then the Scottish League will become even more mundane - Rangers will lose their better players and Celtic will dominate for the foreseeable future.