Glasgow Rangers going into administration | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Glasgow Rangers going into administration

Nov 8, 2010
Keepitgreen":132ui9on said:
charlee":132ui9on said:
A ten point deduction would still leave them 2nd, showing how cack the scottish league is! Essentially they would still be in Champions League next season!

Dundee got -25 points i think Rangers should get that too, but i guess that was SFL Not SPL for the dundee case
I think they'd have to be back out of administration to be in the Champion's League next season.

Only the winners of the SPL make the CL now, and I can't see Rangers winning it after a deduction!

The title was still just about obtainable for them, but now is a decent time to go into admin (if there ever was one). They can get all of this crap out of the way, finish second with little shame, then start next season freshly out of admin.

The two big SPL clubs will be cutting their cloth for a long time to make up for the excesses of the nineties. Back then, players joined Rangers instead of big Premiership clubs because they knew they'd be paid better money. A different universe to now!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Manchester Green":3hp4dxp6 said:
The two big SPL clubs will be cutting their cloth for a long time to make up for the excesses of the nineties. Back then, players joined Rangers instead of big Premiership clubs because they knew they'd be paid better money. A different universe to now!

Celtic announced this morning that they had cut their debt by £2mill in the last six months, down to £7mill. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-17009960 Also a drop in profit.

Jan 26, 2012
I would love it if rangers and celtic were let into the prem, well at least the english leagues and they hd to work they way up.

Two huge clubs with great fanbases.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Can't see it ever happening as the smaller Prem clubs are not going to want to give up 2 places to accomodate these two. Whether they started in the Championship or not they would end up in the Prem. They are in a very unlucky situation really, fanbases which should see them competing with the top half dozen clubs in the English league no problem but unfortunately TV money rules the roost and there ain't none to speak of in Scotland anymore. There only hope to compete with the big boys in the future is if there is ever a 2 tier European league from which they can progress to the top tier.

Well, those uncaring and unfeeling types, who are constantly calling for "a big club to go to the wall, to bring the others to their senses" (don't you just bet that politically, they're Tories?!!! :whistle: ) might have finally got their wish.......

In terms of history, tradition, and fanbase, there's not many bigger clubs in the country than Glasgow Rangers FC.....

And in terms of the much proclaimed and oft-predicted "domino effect", there's not many bigger jolts to start it off than if the Huns bit it.

GRFC are a club I've never liked, and I find it impossible to shed any tears for them. But I feel for the fans of any club in this position. No loyal fan deserves to have their life ripped apart by the loss of their beloved club... and Plymouth fans should acknowledge the truth of that before most.

So for the sake of the fans, best wishes to Rangers for their fight for survival. And if there is anyone out there tempted to gloat, remember "there but for the Grace of God" and all that...

Dec 7, 2006
God forbid Celtic and/or Rangers and all the religious bigotry bollox that come with them are EVER let into the English game! :thumbdown:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I see HMRC are in court now to see if they can put Rangers into administration so that they can appoint their own administrator, something that they failed to do with us hence the reason we had Guilfoyle.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
N

newquaygreen

Trips to Rangers to support them??? ;)

Amazing isn't it that such a big club is going to feel some of the pain we have

Sooner or later a big club is going to fall completely due to the financial ignorance and incompetence that seems to be in football

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
£75 Mill !!!!!!!

I've worked for the last 37 years continually except for a short spell in 1976 (2 months) when changing jobs. I'm getting harrassed for £1300. :furious: