Glasgow Rangers going into administration | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Glasgow Rangers going into administration

A

Argyle1886

My luck isn't very good... I support Argyle & follow Rangers (Born in Glasgow). The past year they've both gone into Admin! D:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
We remember our "other operational costs". In Rangers' case, its £24 million missing

The administrators running Rangers have said they do not know the whereabouts of £24m which was lent to the club.

The money was lent to the club by Ticketus, a firm which hoped to profit from future season ticket sales.

David Whitehouse of Duff and Phelps said they did not have "visibility" of where the money had gone.

Poor old Ticketus - didn't we owe them £1m when we went into admin.

Sep 3, 2011
MotherwellGreen":1et2ow9o said:
Rob Thomas":1et2ow9o said:
I supported Kilmarnock when I lived in Scotland who are trying really well to balance their books. They have written off millions of pounds of debt in the past couple of years by competing within themselves and being sensible of wages ect. The opposite has happened at Rangers.

When Rangers won the title at Kilmarnock last year their fans invaded the home ends and caused complete madness. (imagine 2,000-4,000 people invading the home areas at HP!) Now Killie fans are planing a big party in the away end at Rangers on Saturday! Swings and roundabouts!

The only madness was the killie fans leaving at 3-0. There was no trouble at this match. I was there. I look forward to the 10 killie fans having their party on saturday. I sit next to the away fans and will post pictures of said party so you can see how exciting it was for your fellow fans!!!!
come on then, we are waiting for some pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 22, 2006
The options at Rangers seem to be either 11 players are made redundant or all players take a pay cut of up to 75% to retain all or some of the players.

Were these ever options at Argyle? It's well known that a few players wages have been a major burden to the club but it's always seemed that Argyle have to honour all contracts. We sold off our better players cheaply to fund the wages of players who we might not necessarily wanted on the books. Are the rules different in Scotland?

A

Anonymous

pastiesforlife":2t06i61z said:
The options at Rangers seem to be either 11 players are made redundant or all players take a pay cut of up to 75% to retain all or some of the players.

Were these ever options at Argyle? It's well known that a few players wages have been a major burden to the club but it's always seemed that Argyle have to honour all contracts. We sold off our better players cheaply to fund the wages of players who we might not necessarily wanted on the books. Are the rules different in Scotland?

There is apparently no 'Football creditor' rule in Scotland to safeguard the players and staff contractual positions. If HMRC win their case on the Football Creditor rule in England , and the decision is due very shortly, then any club going into administration will have to deal with HMRC on equal terms as the players which has all sorts of implications for the exit from a CVA.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Craig Whyte and £9m

Rangers administrators are pursuing the club's owner Craig Whyte for up to £9m in money that was contractually promised at the time of his May 2011 takeover.

Lawyers acting for Duff & Phelps, who were appointed as administrators on 14 February, have gained a court order to seize a preliminary £3.6m from Whyte's solicitors Collyer Bristow.

That money is now in a bank account belonging to law firm Taylor Wessing. Duff & Phelps will ask a high court judge to release it to them on 8 March.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Players to take pay cuts

Rangers players and the club's administrators are discussing a new series of structured cuts which could result in no immediate redundancies.

The month-long proposal would mean the highest earners would take a 75% wage cut, middle-earners a 50% cut, with a 25% drop in salary for other players.
The players' union, PFA Scotland, is aware of the proposal.

Administrators Duff & Phelps are expected to announce their cash-saving plans on Monday afternoon.

They are striving to cut £1m from the monthly running costs.

On Friday they rejected a union offer of "substantial salary deferrals".

The firm's David Whitehouse said wage deferrals would mean "a higher level of cost base", hindering the club's sale.

Meanwhile, the administrators have come to an agreement with Dunfermline to pay them the £83,000 owed for ticket sales.

Dec 7, 2006
IJN":s5rsst2v said:
Argyle and Dunfermline for me.
Think you have problems?

Same here - spent many happy evenings and afternoons watching the Pars at East End Park when I was a teen.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Mr Gillingham":185bqwry said:
MotherwellGreen":185bqwry said:
Rob Thomas":185bqwry said:
I supported Kilmarnock when I lived in Scotland who are trying really well to balance their books. They have written off millions of pounds of debt in the past couple of years by competing within themselves and being sensible of wages ect. The opposite has happened at Rangers.

When Rangers won the title at Kilmarnock last year their fans invaded the home ends and caused complete madness. (imagine 2,000-4,000 people invading the home areas at HP!) Now Killie fans are planing a big party in the away end at Rangers on Saturday! Swings and roundabouts!

The only madness was the killie fans leaving at 3-0. There was no trouble at this match. I was there. I look forward to the 10 killie fans having their party on saturday. I sit next to the away fans and will post pictures of said party so you can see how exciting it was for your fellow fans!!!!
come on then, we are waiting for some pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try to avoid getting too involved in matters that don't really concern me. I do however have a strong dislike to arrogant people and Mr Gillingham has gone a bit quiet. Saw this on the sites this am.

An anonymous and defiant text from a Rangers fan: "Rangers should take the place of an Englìsh club or apply to a lower English league ! A few years playing new opposition onwards and upwards - a breath of fresh air! SPL incl CFC don't need or want us after all!!"
This fan has a slighted tinted view that the SPL is good enough for the upper leagues in England. Do we want Rangers in the English League?? Fine with that but I believe it will mean starting in tier 8? 10? 15?
Some of you will remember the article about ''the smallest league in the world'' where you finish 1st or 2nd and always get a cup final. I answered ''SPL'' but I'm told its the Scilly Isles who have 2 teams. Similar - well it was because soon there will be 1 club in SPL.

May 22, 2006
Rangers and Celtic can enter the English leagues, but only if they stamp out the pathetic religious bigotry and sectarianism.

In other words, it'll never happen.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Andrew Owen":2qmb6bzj said:
Rangers and Celtic can enter the English leagues, but only if they stamp out the pathetic religious bigotry and sectarianism.

In other words, it'll never happen.
From what I see and hear the sectarianism is frightening

Uefa would never let a Scottish based team play in the English league as it is. Someone has answered the question of the welsh clubs playing in England and the answer was something to do with there being NO professional league in Wales at the time of inclusion.

Most Rangers Fans would not even consider a move down south. Rangers are better getting their house in order and moving on, simples.