• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
Oct 24, 2010
PL2 3DQ":3hs04lu2 said:
esmer":3hs04lu2 said:
GreenAllOver":3hs04lu2 said:
Another thing that has not been mentioned is the fact that if this goes ahead as planned, Exeter's Sandy Park will have a larger capacity as they intend to increase to 20,600 over the next few years. How embarrassing would that be.
They would be able to bid for bigger events and with the Airport just across the Motorway for easy access. Another case of Plymouth's loss is Exeter's gain.
When this goes ahead, it has to be the best in Devon and Cornwall or we risk losing out to them up the road.
I wonder if the Greeks will sell up and move in with the egg chasers?
I have lived in the Exeter are for a long time and have far less angst to all things Exeter than most on this site but even I find it hard to stomach the prospect that we will have a smaller stadium than a bunch of Exeter Egg Chasers.

The Chiefs have asked Exeter City to share Sandy Park, to date they have declined. It's highly unlikely they will turn down a 20,000 capacity stadium in a prime position so it is highly likely Exeter City will within the near future be playing in a bigger ground than us. If they can boost their attendances up towards the level of the rugby club as many think likely they will genuinely be the largest football club in Devon. No one would have said 10 years ago that Exeter would now be a good Premiership rugby team playing in front of 9-10,000 people, who's to say that Exeter City won't be a decent Championship team within 10 years. If they are then fair play to them but we will be struggling to catch them up in a woefully undersized stadium.

Esmer, I realise you have some excellent skills but I'm not sure you're the right guy to chair this Working Group; you're against the development proposals (as you keep saying on Pasoti) and you're from Exeter! :)
Surely someone who is independent and with an open mind but also a Plymouth Council Tax payer would be a better choice?
Mind you, if the Trust do want to stop the development then you are the right choice! We'll see.
You're absolutely right I am the wrong person to chair the Working Group, and I'm not, although I am on the committee and will do what I can to help resolve the situation in a constructive way
The Trust have no intention of trying to stop the development, something you would know if you read their statement on the matter. For my part I haven't said I would either, it's a big decision which many of us will have to make if there is no easing of Akeron's position.

I'm from Plympton, by the way.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
BadBoy":1n4aud2b said:
GreenAllOver":1n4aud2b said:
Another thing that has not been mentioned is the fact that if this goes ahead as planned, Exeter's Sandy Park will have a larger capacity as they intend to increase to 20,600 over the next few years. How embarrassing would that be.
They would be able to bid for bigger events and with the Airport just across the Motorway for easy access. Another case of Plymouth's loss is Exeter's gain.
When this goes ahead, it has to be the best in Devon and Cornwall or we risk losing out to them up the road.
I wonder if the Greeks will sell up and move in with the egg chasers?
Not really relevant is it, if we have 20k and Chiefs have 20k the same transport issues remain. Can't see City wanting to lose their 3k of fans in a 20k stadium either. Also I assume the 20k rugby stadium will have a considerable amount of terracing.

I was thinking of the airport as I drove past the one at Lands End today. Jeez, even Lands End, population one man and his dog, can afford an operational air terminus, albeit with limited flying options:)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
esmer":188ew167 said:
You're absolutely right I am the wrong person to chair the Working Group, and I'm not, although I am on the committee and will do what I can to help resolve the situation in a constructive way
The Trust have no intention of trying to stop the development, something you would know if you read their statement on the matter. For my part I haven't said I would either, it's a big decision which many of us will have to make if there is no easing of Akeron's position.

Ok thanks, so things have changed since the Trust announced you as Chair of the WG on Monday.

I was alarmed when I read this from you, also on Monday, unless you've changed your mind since .....

esmer":188ew167 said:
Personalities should not come into it. James Brent should have the respect of all Argyle fans, without him we wouldn't have a club and although I've never met him he is undoubtedly and honest decent person, but we have to address the issue and what he is proposing isn't good enough for Plymouth Argyle and should be opposed.

Is there a time limit on the findings of the WG and have the club/Akkeron indicated they will read the report once it has been published? Thanks.

Dec 3, 2005
I have a headache and not feeling to good, so forgive me, I need to know things in straight forward english, no technical jargon
So PCC own Home Park, is that correct?
Does that include just the land or the buildings that lie inside the fence. I take it that that fence in the car park is the boundary.
So Mr Brent owns the Football Club, correct?

And has a incentive to the PCC giving planning permission to Mr Brent's Hotel/Ice Rink/Cinema.
Mr Brent will also build a new stand for PCC and/or Argyle.

So if PCC own the land that Home Park stands on they will gain from the new stand, when and if they decide to sell back to the Football Club.

When this idea was being floated around, did anyone PCC, Argyle or Mr Brent, stipulate a minimum size for the new stand?

Or did PCC assumed it would be a decent size, like most supporters did.

Someone on the Council must have had the capacity in mind, is there anything written dow, there must have been meetings/discussions.

Havent made the exhibition in Plym

Anybody have any ideas what the shops bars etc will be like, hope for something like Irish Village Dubai next to the tennis stadium....good fun and a good atmosphere, eat and drink before games, and after, as well as most nights should pull in the crowds.

FWIW i always expected a stand like Wycombe Wanderers to be built at HP, so a little dissapointed. Following developments closely.

Jul 25, 2011
Richard Allan":3c8r2r2s said:
Havent made the exhibition in Plym

Anybody have any ideas what the shops bars etc will be like, hope for something like Irish Village Dubai next to the tennis stadium....good fun and a good atmosphere, eat and drink before games, and after, as well as most nights should pull in the crowds.

FWIW i always expected a stand like Wycombe Wanderers to be built at HP, so a little dissapointed. Following developments closely.
Jeez 'disappointed we don't quite live up to Wycombe '
I rest my case your honour

Jun 16, 2006
Richard Allan":3n4hbl91 said:

irishaward11_1_innerbig.jpg

Don't think this is what the AAP means by

• Leisure and sports related retailing of an appropriate scale and nature consistent with the Core
Strategy’s retail objectives;
• Refreshment retailing (Use Class A3) to provide a range of services and choice including Healthy Eating Outlets

Oct 24, 2010
PL2 3DQ":39zwnncq said:
esmer":39zwnncq said:

Ok thanks, so things have changed since the Trust announced you as Chair of the WG on Monday.

I was alarmed when I read this from you, also on Monday, unless you've changed your mind since .....

esmer":39zwnncq said:
Personalities should not come into it. James Brent should have the respect of all Argyle fans, without him we wouldn't have a club and although I've never met him he is undoubtedly and honest decent person, but we have to address the issue and what he is proposing isn't good enough for Plymouth Argyle and should be opposed.

Is there a time limit on the findings of the WG and have the club/Akkeron indicated they will read the report once it has been published? Thanks.
I never was the chair, there was a misunderstanding.

I still think James Brent is an honest, decent person

As the WG have yet to meet I've no idea of time limits, keep an eye on the Trust website, no doubt the information will be posted there. It would be very disappointing if the Mr Brent did not engage with the AFT over this, after all he was fulsome in his praise for their part in saving the club last year.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
esmer":5zailnc4 said:
PL2 3DQ":5zailnc4 said:

I never was the chair, there was a misunderstanding.

I still think James Brent is an honest, decent person

As the WG have yet to meet I've no idea of time limits, keep an eye on the Trust website, no doubt the information will be posted there. It would be very disappointing if the Mr Brent did not engage with the AFT over this, after all he was fulsome in his praise for their part in saving the club last year.

Thanks, the announcement about the Working Group was misleading.

The Trust had different leader(s) last year and were more supportive of the club.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
:sigh: Getting pretty tired of all this Trust bashing.

The same people calling for unity are also nit picking and attempting to devalue/undermine what the Trust is trying to achieve, namely a better deal for the football club.

Keep up the good work AFT :clap:

Jun 16, 2006
djg145":35j102if said:
I have a headache and not feeling to good, so forgive me, I need to know things in straight forward english, no technical jargon
So PCC own Home Park, is that correct?
Does that include just the land or the buildings that lie inside the fence. I take it that that fence in the car park is the boundary.

djg. You're pretty much correct. PCC own the land HP stands on and lease back to PAFC on a 30 year deal. The boundary can be seen on link below, which surprised me as half the cinema and just about all the hotel is on land leased to PAFC.

Be interesting to see the answers as to how the profits are shared.

http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/mgInternet/documents/s31654/home park plan.pdf

Oct 24, 2010
Pafcintheplace":2j6syb6n said:

The same people calling for unity are also nit picking and attempting to devalue/undermine what the Trust is trying to achieve, namely a better deal for the football club.

I do sense PL2 isn't wholly supportive of the Trust.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
esmer":18c84jzo said:
Pafcintheplace":18c84jzo said:

I do sense PL2 isn't wholly supportive of the Trust.

The Trust as a model is fine, it's the new militant and unsupportive direction taken under the new unelected leadership that is my concern, as highlighted by the attack on the club before the Wimbledon game.