Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Biggs":3ildus63 said:
I'd rather have £0 fee and a 50% sell on clause over £100k if I were Argyle.

I think Curtis could go for big money in the future.

Here and now matters most. Sub £100k and 20% sell on more like it IMO.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Biggs":56lbgklq said:
I'd rather have £0 fee and a 50% sell on clause over £100k if I were Argyle.

I think Curtis could go for big money in the future.

Its a nice idea but would leave us with a grand total of £0 if he's signed a contract there and decides to let it run down again and move on in however many years time on a free transfer. We need to be selfish and take every penny that we can now.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think we'll end up with both.

As I say, there can't have been anyone like Curtis up for this under 24 tribunal lark.

If OUFC are sensible they'd settle for something like £150k with various add ons.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Interesting to note that he has signed a 2 year contract. He could be sold for a fee after 1 year and we would benefit from any sell-on clause arranged by a tribunal. Unlike the Dan Gosling farce.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
PL2 3DQ":2yo8fowl said:
There's a pattern of each of the four players who have found a club have signed for a team we played against last season.

Does that mean we shouldn't field any player against our opposition next season in case they sign for them the season after? Cunning plan. :shh:

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
The King is dead, long live the King. Curtis did us proud, especially in the admin days so thanks Curtis. Whatever the reason for leaving is nothing to do with is. It's his decision and he has to abide by it. Let us all look forward to Saturday and first footy of the pre season.

Jul 29, 2010
Oxford?, really?, Curtis, what have you done :facepalm:

Anyways, he's now 'Argyle past', so this should be on the Argyle old boys board.

Feb 2, 2007
I think he wanted to play at a higher level but guarantee first team footy.

Oxford have a reasonable fan base, very similar to our own and a decent structure with a progressive Manager. I expect them to be top 10 next year and their CEO has come out to say they will be loss making with a view to getting to the Championship. Risky but it worked this season for them.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Perhaps it matters to him and his partner WHERE they live. Perhaps living in/near Oxford fits better with his partner's place of work. There are many reasons why an individual might choose one place to live/work over another. Oxford are a perfectly decent football club on an upward trajectory in a league above Argyle. It's a good and sensible move surely.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good point Tim, us fans often forget about their 'significant other'.

On the footballing front, they are a good side, and they are on an upward trajectory but let's face it, not light years ahead of Argyle in any sense are they?

I expected bigger and better I just admit. Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday, something along those lines.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No, that was a normal transfer. We've done well out of that one in the end. With perhaps more to come.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
X Isle":1n12mzxu said:
davie nine":1n12mzxu said:
I think we've got the message, X Isle.
Nope, these threads are still on the wrong board.
I'd disagree with that on this thread. The amount of money we'd get in compensation is going to directly affect us now (Or whenever we get it, tribunals normally take a while), but either way, this thread has enough relevance to stay on the main board.

Players leaving the club in this transfer window also are still relevant, especially if it's from them turning us down.