Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
RIP, my age, too young to go

Feb 2, 2007
RIP- a great player and brilliant attitude to the game.

Was one of my Argyle originals- in the team at the first games I can remember from 1985 onwards, that I can recollect anyway- one of the most memorable which properly got me hooked was a bizarre 4-4 against Cardiff on 1 Jan 1986 where Crudgie was injured fairly early on (?) and we had to juggle the players around and come back from behind! Wonderful, stirring stuff.

Hope the club recognises we have lost a great servant on Saturday.

G

Greenskin

What an awful shock.A proper midfielder with a superb passing range when at his best and good for a goal or two.Part of one of the most entertaining and successful Argyle teams in my time,always very sobering when someone of the exact same age group as yourself passes away.

RIP Russell and thanks.

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Loved him and after Sir Tommy my 2nd favourite player from the Smith era that got me hooked on Argyle in my early teens.
Loved his passing and was virtually impossible to knock off the ball
Horrible horrible news

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
Very sad news.
One of my favourite ever Argyle players. A hard man for his size...no opposition player ever dominated or bullied him.
RIP.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Fat_green_belly":1vzh14s3 said:
Sad news.
Instant memory of his play and pass in the build up to that really special nelson goal smashed home in
that epic 4-0 against brizzle. He also scored direct from a corner in the same game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZBE0h9cUZM
RIP Russell.

Firstly what sad news, too young. An important cog in the best Argyle team I have seen. I could have sworn Nelson's great shot on the run was the first goal that night but clearly not. You have to laugh at the official 20,000 attendance seeing 3 terraces jam packed with standing spectators and the overspill of Argyle fans filling most of the Barn Park as well. It had to be at least 26 to 28,000 that night.

Oct 31, 2015
Blimey I cant believe this. One of the mainstays in Smiths team. Far too young. My thoughts wirh his family. RIP Pilgrim

Nov 9, 2013
York
Sad sad news. I remember standing as a kid on the Lyndhurst watching Russell in Acton. A real ankle biter. Took game by scruff of the neck...as well as the opposition. RIP

S

Staniforths perm

Essential part of the team when I first started watching as a boy RIP

Jul 1, 2006
Very sad news - a player who gave his all / fine / proper midfield grafter - with skill too. Thanks for wearing the green, black & white with pride & for the memories. RIP.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Very sad news.

He was the ultimate midfielder - strong and yet skillful. When an opposition player was tackled by Russell he stayed tackled!

A big heart, legs like tree trunks and owner of a magnificent moustache!

RIP Pilgrim.

There has to be a minute applause on Saturday.