Omar bogle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Omar bogle

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Pilgrim61":2fsczb8z said:
I cannot say the name, but I know for a fact that Argyle have enquire about a L1 striker who has been sticking the ball in the net, on loan, but he has turned us down. The player he has been keeping out is due back soon, and he is likely to be on bench again, but he doesn't want to drop a division.

Other than turning us down, the key point is that it seems to show that we are not looking for a permanent striker.

At this point in time that makes perfect sense; between now and the end of the season Adams will see what Brunt can do once he is fully recovered, Spencer will return at some stage, Rooney will have 6 months to develop, Goodwillie will either come good or he won't. All in all there is very little certainty surrounding our strikers so we could end up with 4 good options up front ahead of next season therefore adding another one permanently could leave us with too many for next year.

A loanee or two will come in to cover Spencer and Brunt's recovery periods leaving us free to choose between either picking someone up at the end of the season or stick with the options we've got.

Jul 29, 2010
Not sure with DG that it's a case of 'coming good or not', I feel it's a case of 'being played in a front pairing or not'. He strikes me as a 'foil' player, certainly not a lone striker.

I suspect the front pairing chapter fell out of DA's coaching manual some time ago so we're unlikely to see the best of DG.

I see your point about the 'returning' strikers, however what are they returning to. If they're on one year deals then they'll have the same contract length as any loanee would have.

Better I would have thought to plan ahead for next season by making a quality addition to the permanent staff. We'll need a better quality striker either way, we'll either be in League 1 or we'll need to be better to get out of league 2 in 2017/18.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
X Isle":31lyqy8e said:
Not sure with DG that it's a case of 'coming good or not', I feel it's a case of 'being played in a front pairing or not'. He strikes me as a 'foil' player, certainly not a lone striker.

I suspect the front pairing chapter fell out of DA's coaching manual some time ago so we're unlikely to see the best of DG.

I see your point about the 'returning' strikers, however what are they returning to. If they're on one year deals then they'll have the same contract length as any loanee would have.

Better I would have thought to plan ahead for next season by making a quality addition to the permanent staff. We'll need a better quality striker either way, we'll either be in League 1 or we'll need to be better to get out of league 2 in 2017/18.

True, my thinking was Adams would have full flexibility come the summer to buy in depending on our division. That said a complete rebuild every year isn't the ideal way to "build a club" as Derek says he wants to do. A settled striker on a permanent deal who is capable of playing in L1 or L2 could be just what the doctor ordered. The other returning strikers then fit in around him depending on development, recoveries or Adams' tactics.

Someone in the Garita/Reuben mould would be my perfect addition. Big, powerful and able to run at players with pace would offer a very good alternative to Spencer's more technical leading of the line.

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
Emeraldinho":3vb6bvbq said:
Where the bleddy hell did a piddling little outfit like Barnet, yes BARNET, get £250K to throw around?

Quite likely due to the sale of Bondz N'Gala - which was for a club record fee to Eastleigh. (Some say around the 250k mark)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Omar Bogle is the Skybet League 2 Player of the Month.

Jordan Houghton, who we will see tomorrow, was one of the 4 nominated.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
According to the Sunday papers Leeds and Bristol City are interested in signing Bogle.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Forest according to the BBC gossip page this morning.

A

ArgyleBoyJosh

Scored a brace for Grimsby against a brilliant Carlisle defence, definitely too good for league 2.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Are Argyle interested in Grimsby's Bogle?
Well they bl**dy well should be!!
I'd be very confident of promotion with him on board and the £400k or whatever would be recouped pretty quickly. We need to show intent, unlike last season, and Bogle is quality.
Whether he would come here or fit in with DA's ethos is another thing, but we should enquire at least. Maybe we have?
I really don't get, or like, the fascination with loans. Let's get out of this division.