Minutes Applause (on 25 minutes at the replay. RIP) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Minutes Applause (on 25 minutes at the replay. RIP)

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
jerryatricjanner":1n487rpb said:
If those booing realised it was part of the tribute then fair criticism. I would guess the vast majority either knew little about it or thought the minute tribute was over when YNWA began.

Or they didn't think the minute was over and that the Liverpool fans were singing over it - that was my impression. Whichever way you look at it, I think it was undoubtedly misinterpreted.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
jerryatricjanner":2gx0hork said:
If those booing realised it was part of the tribute then fair criticism. I would guess the vast majority either knew little about it or thought the minute tribute was over when YNWA began.

Was it really that difficult to understand why they sung it right after the minutes applause?

And the person who also thinks he's a Man Utd fan so he had to boo it's pathetic! In my opinion you can only support one team and last night we were Plymouth Argyle not Man Utd so what's all that about?

H

Helston_Green

Barbican":3rh78jsy said:
Unfortunately the booing of YNWA by Argyle fans has left a really bad taste in the mouth. Argyle fans were welcomed with open arms at Anfield, many made a weekend of it, a fair number were amongst the home support on the Kop in green with no questions asked. Tonight the visitors showed compassion for the sad death of Daniel, a banner is paraded in commemoration and the Liverpool anthem is sung in his memory.........and Argyle fans ridicule the support. Diabolical reaction from the home support that really taints an outstanding performance from the team over two legs and sullies friendships fostered 10 days ago.

Over-reaction of 2017 so far.

Friendships fostered 10 days ago? You really think Liverpool fans will still be thinking about us even come Saturday? Highly unlikely.

The applause was touching and both sets of fans made it a memorable 60 seconds but following the conclusion of the tribute our fans got back to doing what they had done all game, drowning out the very quiet Liverpool support. I genuinely believe the boos were a result of a misunderstanding the last night was a glorious night for our club and fans so stop trying to pick holes.

Jan 6, 2004
The people around me had no idea what the tribute was all about, people that live in the bubble of Pasoti etc may find it difficult to understand but many people don't follow social media every day and the nuances of what the crowd are planning to do during a game...

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Green_Flash":1j48tawq said:
The people around me had no idea what the tribute was all about, people that live in the bubble of Pasoti etc may find it difficult to understand but many people don't follow social media every day and the nuances of what the crowd are planning to do during a game...

The Liverpool fans realised though! I don't think they're all members of PASOTI maybe I'm wrong, but the whole crowd clapped on 25 mins so I am sure most knew or subsequently asked the person next to them why they were clapping before joining in! Or was it just a twighlight moment that meant 17000 fans decided to all clap on 25 mins all at the same time

It was a sad moment and tarnished a great night

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Doyley43":2m7930wh said:
Green_Flash":2m7930wh said:

The Liverpool fans realised though! I don't think they're all members of PASOTI maybe I'm wrong, but the whole crowd clapped on 25 mins so I am sure most knew or subsequently asked the person next to them why they were clapping before joining in! Or was it just a twighlight moment that meant 17000 fans decided to all clap on 25 mins all at the same time

Not to mention a great big banner with "RIP Daniel May" written on it being paraded by the Liverpool fans at the time. Wouldn't have taken a great deal of insight to put two and two together, I'd have thought.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Doyley43":25dxm78u said:
Green_Flash":25dxm78u said:

There was much word of mouth around me. By no means did people stand up in unison - but they did all stand up.

You seem to be particularly aggrieved about all of this but I would be pretty sure that it was misinterpretation from those that booed and nothing malicious. There was obviously no starting and ending whistle so in fact they might have thought in some misguided way that they were protecting the minute's silence.

Oct 16, 2016
There was nothing sinister about the booing, is imagine most of the regulars at HP know their. football and the nuances but many there last night, from both camps it seems, were tourists and attend a match once in a blue moon.

Yesterday's news.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Shankster":2kc7358n said:
There was nothing sinister about the booing, is imagine most of the regulars at HP know their. football and the nuances but many there last night, from both camps it seems, were tourists and attend a match once in a blue moon.

Yesterday's news.

I agree!

I apologise to all the normal Argyle fans! Maybe it was all the synthetic fans who turned up! I assume most of these who never normally attend are the types that wear their Man Utd shirts around town and believe they support Man Utd. I am guessing there were loads of these in attendance last night and hence it was them who started to boo!

Anyway it makes me feel better to believe the above.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Doyley43":2u3zohfk said:
Shankster":2u3zohfk said:

Yesterday's news.

I agree!

I apologise to all the normal Argyle fans! Maybe it was all the synthetic fans who turned up! I assume most of these who never normally attend are the types that wear their Man Utd shirts around town and believe they support Man Utd. I am guessing there were loads of these in attendance last night and hence it was them who started to boo!

Can I just check that you have no Liverpool connection at all? You don't follow them etc or want them to win the premier league? I only ask as you seem particularly precious about this.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Daz":1ghoz6bo said:
Doyley43":1ghoz6bo said:
Shankster":1ghoz6bo said:

Yesterday's news.

I agree!

Can I just check that you have no Liverpool connection at all? You don't follow them etc or want them to win the premier league? I only ask as you seem particularly precious about this.

I don't follow them I follow Argyle! The booing upset me and that's it! My lad was born in Liverpool which gives him the right to have a feeling towards Liverpool but like me he's an Argyle fan.

I don't really care who wins the premier league! It's all about money and I preferred things in the 70's and 80,s. Last night though was more like the grass root football of old and I would rather watch us any day than some premier league team

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Green_Flash":d6pqz7q7 said:

Agree, I had to explain what was happening and why to quite a few around me. Not everyone is on social media or reads the 'Erald.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
"YNWA was part of the tribute to the family on 25 mins, as someone sat in between the fans (I couldn't cheer nor boo) I was embarrassed for PAFC, I'm sure I'll be shot down in sh1te and called a 'troll'.

Sometimes the understanding of class takes time to appreciate"

OR:

"There was nothing sinister about the booing, is imagine most of the regulars at HP know their. football and the nuances but many there last night, from both camps it seems, were tourists and attend a match once in a blue moon.

Yesterday's news."

Bliddy Hell Shankster, which is it?? :think:

Scousers being a bit precious about this. A large percentage of fans there knew nothing about the tribute or even that anyone had died. I am sure 99% clapped, if YNWA was misunderstood then that is a shame but don't tarnish a well-made tribute by being so namby-pamby about a genuine misunderstanding!!

Oct 16, 2016
Pogleswoody":3veoalrh said:
"YNWA was part of the tribute to the family on 25 mins, as someone sat in between the fans (I couldn't cheer nor boo) I was embarrassed for PAFC, I'm sure I'll be shot down in sh1te and called a 'troll'.

OR:

"There was nothing sinister about the booing, is imagine most of the regulars at HP know their. football and the nuances but many there last night, from both camps it seems, were tourists and attend a match once in a blue moon.

Yesterday's news."

Scousers being a bit precious about this. A large percentage of fans there knew nothing about the tribute or even that anyone had died. I am sure 99% clapped, if YNWA was misunderstood then that is a shame but don't tarnish a well-made tribute by being so namby-pamby about a genuine misunderstanding!!

As I stated I was sat in the middle of it, initially I was embarrassed BUT in the cold light of day and after reading the lengthy thread I think a little too much is being made of it

Do you think YNWA never gets booed? it does so everywhere at every game

thus, yesterdays news

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Shankster":h67c005h said:
Pogleswoody":h67c005h said:

OR:

Yesterday's news."

As I stated I was sat in the middle of it, initially I was embarrassed BUT in the cold light of day and after reading the lengthy thread I think a little too much is being made of it

Do you think YNWA never gets booed? it does so everywhere at every game

thus, yesterdays news

Ok fair enough :thumbs: