Minutes Applause (on 25 minutes at the replay. RIP) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Minutes Applause (on 25 minutes at the replay. RIP)

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
You have got to applaud the Liverpool supporters for paying a tribute to the son of an Argyle supporter who died, booing when the Liverpool were singing YWNWA is an embarrassment to genuine Argyle supporters.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
dunlop":33orksuo said:
You have got to applaud the Liverpool supporters for paying a tribute to the son of an Argyle supporter who died, booing when the Liverpool were singing YWNWA is an embarrassment to genuine Argyle supporters.

Sorry but the bit about walk again is horse poo

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Shankster":16q2ty7l said:
Pogleswoody":16q2ty7l said:
"YNWA was part of the tribute to the family on 25 mins, as someone sat in between the fans (I couldn't cheer nor boo) I was embarrassed for PAFC, I'm sure I'll be shot down in sh1te and called a 'troll'.

Sometimes the understanding of class takes time to appreciate"

OR:

"There was nothing sinister about the booing, is imagine most of the regulars at HP know their. football and the nuances but many there last night, from both camps it seems, were tourists and attend a match once in a blue moon.

Yesterday's news."

Bliddy Hell Shankster, which is it?? :think:

Scousers being a bit precious about this. A large percentage of fans there knew nothing about the tribute or even that anyone had died. I am sure 99% clapped, if YNWA was misunderstood then that is a shame but don't tarnish a well-made tribute by being so namby-pamby about a genuine misunderstanding!!

As I stated I was sat in the middle of it, initially I was embarrassed BUT in the cold light of day and after reading the lengthy thread I think a little too much is being made of it

Do you think YNWA never gets booed? it does so everywhere at every game

thus, yesterdays news
OK. So, perhaps you're not a troll. I look forward to your future posts with interest.
The spontaneous applause around the whole ground was genuine and very impressive.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
John Cooper":33exm0oh said:
dunlop":33exm0oh said:

Sorry but the bit about walk again is horse poo

What are you on, I'm talking about the Liverpool fans singing the song when they were walking around with the banner showing their support for an Argyles fans son.

Apr 26, 2016
Liverpool had a flag made, have made a donation to the lads hospital and helped a Plymouth supporter on the worst day of his life.
We have not shown them the respect they shown one of our supporters and I personally apologies for that we have not handled this great.
Its all got a bit mixed up there anthem (which to them is a great song for the father to hear at this time) bearing in mind what has happened and then confused that they (Liverpool)
were some how trying to impose there Anthem on our ground. Remember we were very respectful of the YNWA at Anfield.
Perhaps we should have a collection at one of our home games for Liverpool families fighting for justice, I am normally in the pub getting peed but I am
more than willing to stand around helping to do this, we need to show the class they showed one of our supporters at the worst times of his life.

When you see 10 & 12 year olds name on a wall who died at a match does it not put all this in perspective.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was singing Argayale after the minutes applause. I didn't realise that was a continuation of the tribute.

I honestly believed they were simply trying to sneak YNWA in whilst there was a gap in the continual Argyle singing.

Do I feel guilty? Not really. Simple mistake to make and by the sound of it 1000's more made the same mistake.

I spoke to Dad last night he was overwhelmed by the support from both sets of fans.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
IJN":1w3otekj said:
I was singing Argayale after the minutes applause. I didn't realise that was a continuation of the tribute.

I honestly believed they were simply trying to sneak YNWA in whilst there was a gap in the continual Argyle singing.

Do I feel guilty? Not really. Simple mistake to make and by the sound of it 1000's more made the same mistake.

I spoke to Dad last night he was overwhelmed by the support from both sets of fans.
Same here; plus there was nobody around me who had a clue what was going on and why.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
dunlop":2z97kfnc said:

Dunlop I couldn't agree more!

I thought it was so obvious why they started singing it, but as someone said it was a simple mistake. Simple was a good choice of word! :whistle:

It was a great night though and I'm glad the lads dad was happy with all the support.

I'm sure we will get more fans attending now after watching last nights game. Surely that has to be better than watching some overpaid superstars on Sky?

Oct 30, 2006
Plymouth
Hi everyone
Well what can I say about the tribute to my son. Firstly I was invited by Liverpool FC as there guest to the game and was sat next to Ian Ayers right at the front of the directors box. So I had a fantastic view of everything. The most emotional time for me was when my wife and I walked out just before the start of the game and saw the banner with my sons name on it already being displayed in front of the Barn Park.
The thought that fans of other clubs contributed to the production of the banner was so moving. It was Liverpool fan Anthony Grice who set up the gofundme page and although mostly LFC fans it was also fans from around the world that donated. When Anthony went to collect it the makers didn't charge him a penny so the near 4k all went to the Guildford hospital where Dano died after being taken there following a cardiac arrest. I am now in possession of the banner after the Liverpool fans passed it on to my daughter in block 18 at half time. We will display it at Dano's funeral to represent the amazing support I and my family have had since we lost him on Sunday 8th. The two men that really helped me at Anfield that day were also brought down by LFC and we're with us in the directors box for the replay which was amazing for me to be able to thank them properly in person.
Now as for the applause on the 25th minute mark. I thought it was outstanding. Yes loads of people would not of known the reason for the clapping but loads did. Does it matter? No not really. I heard them sing YNWA, great thank you LFC fans superb effort and a great show of solidarity for a fellow football fan who is grieving. Then I heard the booing and I get it, I do. Not a problem whatsoever. Then the Argyle chant, brilliant really brilliant. It's football. We are fans it's what we do. I thank those that have argued the point on here guys and I love your passion for your opinion I really do. However the what's and why fors of it really don't matter. I loved it and so did my family. Home Park is my church and my son was given a great tribute within it.
Daniel had his autopsy today, so I have been very down thinking about that and what it entails with lots of irrational thoughts. So to cheer myself up I remind myself of Wednesday night and that fantastic tribute and how great our team and fans looked. Well done everyone. Who did what and why is really not important. What is important is that you turn to your loved ones and tell them you love them.
I will be at Cheltenham tomorrow as I need the distraction as I'm struggling with the loss. If you recognise me don't be afraid to ask me about Daniel, I love talking about him it's how we keep someone's memory alive. Safe journey everyone.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Kevin, that is an incredible and inspiring post.
God bless you.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
RIP Daniel

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Great post.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
northdowner":302a8p7u said:
Hi everyone
Well what can I say about the tribute to my son. Firstly I was invited by Liverpool FC as there guest to the game and was sat next to Ian Ayers right at the front of the directors box. So I had a fantastic view of everything. The most emotional time for me was when my wife and I walked out just before the start of the game and saw the banner with my sons name on it already being displayed in front of the Barn Park.
The thought that fans of other clubs contributed to the production of the banner was so moving. It was Liverpool fan Anthony Grice who set up the gofundme page and although mostly LFC fans it was also fans from around the world that donated. When Anthony went to collect it the makers didn't charge him a penny so the near 4k all went to the Guildford hospital where Dano died after being taken there following a cardiac arrest. I am now in possession of the banner after the Liverpool fans passed it on to my daughter in block 18 at half time. We will display it at Dano's funeral to represent the amazing support I and my family have had since we lost him on Sunday 8th. The two men that really helped me at Anfield that day were also brought down by LFC and we're with us in the directors box for the replay which was amazing for me to be able to thank them properly in person.
Now as for the applause on the 25th minute mark. I thought it was outstanding. Yes loads of people would not of known the reason for the clapping but loads did. Does it matter? No not really. I heard them sing YNWA, great thank you LFC fans superb effort and a great show of solidarity for a fellow football fan who is grieving. Then I heard the booing and I get it, I do. Not a problem whatsoever. Then the Argyle chant, brilliant really brilliant. It's football. We are fans it's what we do. I thank those that have argued the point on here guys and I love your passion for your opinion I really do. However the what's and why fors of it really don't matter. I loved it and so did my family. Home Park is my church and my son was given a great tribute within it.
Daniel had his autopsy today, so I have been very down thinking about that and what it entails with lots of irrational thoughts. So to cheer myself up I remind myself of Wednesday night and that fantastic tribute and how great our team and fans looked. Well done everyone. Who did what and why is really not important. What is important is that you turn to your loved ones and tell them you love them.
I will be at Cheltenham tomorrow as I need the distraction as I'm struggling with the loss. If you recognise me don't be afraid to ask me about Daniel, I love talking about him it's how we keep someone's memory alive. Safe journey everyone.

Well that that brought a tear to my eyes. I always look up to heaven before the game in my memory of a mate of mine ( who also loved Argyle) he sadly lost his battle with cancer a few years ago now. I will do the same for Daniel too.