Ciftci | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ciftci

Dec 3, 2005
Sadly Ciftci is not doing it and really needs to go back to Celtic and the money used on a player who will put the effort in.

Yes we should have kept Brunty, who came to watch us last night, I wonder what he thought - when is Taylor back in contention?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
At least we didn't pay £1.6 million for him.Every cloud......

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Remember Tynan was totally rubbish for his first 10 games. The rest is history.

Feb 17, 2017
I'm not sure how ciftci is getting so much stick. If I remember rightly his first game against he Scunthorpe nearly scored a header which would have got us back to 1-1 before we went to 10 men. Against mk dons he rattled the bar and got himself through on goal. Against Blackpool he had one of the only meaningful shots on target from which we got a corner and scored to make it 1-1. 3 of his 4 games we've been down to ten men, actually looks like he's got a bit of quality just needs a goal. How do we know Taylor is going to be any good at this level, no evidence to suggest that as we know this is a step from league 2 he wasn't exactly setting league 2 on fire. We had no budget apparently to sign any proven scorer at this level.

Sep 25, 2010
Neilz5419":3iilxcjh said:
I'm not sure how ciftci is getting so much stick. If I remember rightly his first game against he Scunthorpe nearly scored a header which would have got us back to 1-1 before we went to 10 men. Against mk dons he rattled the bar and got himself through on goal. Against Blackpool he had one of the only meaningful shots on target from which we got a corner and scored to make it 1-1. 3 of his 4 games we've been down to ten men, actually looks like he's got a bit of quality just needs a goal. How do we know Taylor is going to be any good at this level, no evidence to suggest that as we know this is a step from league 2 he wasn't exactly setting league 2 on fire. We had no budget apparently to sign any proven scorer at this level.

Against Walsall away he was useless

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Martyn":1ez0x2u3 said:
Neilz5419":1ez0x2u3 said:

Against Walsall away he was useless
So were the other 10 on the pitch.

Mar 14, 2009
I think simply you ask yourself who would you prefer upfront in the system Adams plays.

Jimmy Spencer or Citfci. For me, it's Spencer all day long. Yet l recognised we needed an improvement on him in league one.

I dont think Citcfi is a bad player. However, Blissett showed the other night the work rate required in an Adams team if you not going to regularly score.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I think Ciftci is one of those players with a demeanor that makes him look like he's not trying sometimes. He's certainly not a "blood and snotters" type who chases everything but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. Added to the fact it would take most players several games to "bed in" but in his case this has coincided with a few nightmare games the team has had so I think it's too early to judge him fairly. He has shown glimpses of quality and hopefully these will become more frequent as he, and the team, get to grips with this season.

Feb 8, 2005
Ciftci, to me, is still trying to get up to fitness. He's been subbed in all his games so far, which shows that he cannot last a whole game, and I suspect that he is still trying to get that match sharpness that is needed when he does get match fit. Adams is giving him game time in order to get his fitness up quickly.

He came straight into the team when he was signed, and I think he is still playing catch up, especially as to how he was treated at Celtic, with no pre-season and had to play with the development side before his transfer.

Mar 14, 2009
I look at two important qualities in a forward, of which l feel you must have one that stands out.

Pace or physicality.

To me it's not like he is real slow or can't hold the ball up. However, he doesn't really seem to excel at either.

It is early days and the one thing that gives me hope about him is his awareness of others around him.

If he is struggling for fitness though shouldn't Adams of known 2 games in 3 games would impact him severely?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Is there any future for him at the club now?

Unused sub for games with Wigan, Bristol and Fleetwood and only a very late sub in the Checkatrade to take a penalty. He is rapidly becoming the new Nardiello.

I think if Taylor returns next month he will return to Scotland (probably with an "injury".

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
cheshiregreen":29m2ueiu said:
Is there any future for him at the club now?

Unused sub for games with Wigan, Bristol and Fleetwood and only a very late sub in the Checkatrade to take a penalty. He is rapidly becoming the new Nardiello.

I think if Taylor returns next month he will return to Scotland (probably with an "injury".

Whats the PROBABLY with an INJURY. The way he is playing he clearly has 2 broken legs already. Taxi for Shifty :wave:

Aug 13, 2011
I would only judge him when he's had enough chances to score. Hasn't registered yet but no service, he's having to create?? shows some promise with awareness. Never a lone striker as previously used so it's difficult to judge until he is played off another striker. If that ever happens.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’d send him back tomorrow.

Waste of money contributing to his wages.

Doesn’t deserve to have a luxury income as a professional footballer.