Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Thanks And Good Luck Curtis - joins Oxford

Jul 29, 2010
Argy1e":x1voq99t said:
X Isle":x1voq99t said:
davie nine":x1voq99t said:
I think we've got the message, X Isle.
Nope, these threads are still on the wrong board.
I'd disagree with that on this thread. The amount of money we'd get in compensation is going to directly affect us now (Or whenever we get it, tribunals normally take a while), but either way, this thread has enough relevance to stay on the main board.

Players leaving the club in this transfer window also are still relevant, especially if it's from them turning us down.
Meh, I'm out. Out the second they declared they were out. Yesterday the site was all over the first day of training buzz, putting names to faces. 24 hours on and we're looking backwards, today the zeitgeist is all about former players :crazy:

In that case someone just PM me when the figure we get in compensation gets released...

...seeing as that'll be the third weekend of a month of Sunday's during a cold snap in hell, the same weekend the Red Trotters are doing a display over the Hoe, I shalln't hold my breath. I wouldn't encourage others to invest anything more than passing indifference either.

That can just as easily be done from the other board.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argy1e":273atxis said:
X Isle":273atxis said:
davie nine":273atxis said:
I think we've got the message, X Isle.
Nope, these threads are still on the wrong board.
I'd disagree with that on this thread. The amount of money we'd get in compensation is going to directly affect us now (Or whenever we get it, tribunals normally take a while), but either way, this thread has enough relevance to stay on the main board.

Players leaving the club in this transfer window also are still relevant, especially if it's from them turning us down.

Until he kicks a ball for Oxford in a League Game I would think it qualifies to stay on here.
I wish him all the best in the world, good servant, I remember him coming in (Stoke?), always enjoyed watching him.

But .. I sincerely hope that, by Xmas, we'll have no need or reason to discuss him! :thumbs:

(and, anyone who boos him or disses him on a return to HP is no football fan imho!)

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Really surprised.

I know Oxford are a division above, but it seems like a sideways move.

A Championship team would have been my expectation.

Maybe it is the area. Odd one for me.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
X Isle":1a2thnkv said:
Oxford?, really?, Curtis, what have you done :facepalm:

Anyways, he's now 'Argyle past', so this should be on the Argyle old boys board.

It's today's news so still relevant for a short while. The threads will be moved but not just yet.

Oct 18, 2006
I liked Curtis and I wish him well in the future and I believe this is somewhere around the correct league position for the team he was looking for, or more importantly were looking for him. The thing is I can't help but be a little disappointed by the whole process. Curtis has decided to leave for whatever reason and I hope Oxford are paying a bit more than he got at argyle because damn Oxford is one expensive place to live. What I am happy about is I think we have signed at least someone who is comparable if not better in Osborne.

P

Piran-Pilgrim

Oxford just received £4m for 2 players and they haggle over a fee.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Piran-Pilgrim":19ghd37m said:

"They (Oxford) made an offer which we considered to be below our valuation by some margin.
"It appeared as though the best solution was to go to tribunal, but that's not to say that negotiations won't continue at some stage.
"But, at this moment in time, it's going to tribunal."

This news should help Martyn Starnes in potential negotiations if Oxford want to avoid a tribunal.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
davie nine":1bb0mt8s said:
Piran-Pilgrim":1bb0mt8s said:

"They (Oxford) made an offer which we considered to be below our valuation by some margin.
"It appeared as though the best solution was to go to tribunal, but that's not to say that negotiations won't continue at some stage.
"But, at this moment in time, it's going to tribunal."

This news should help Martyn Starnes in potential negotiations if Oxford want to avoid a tribunal.

That shows what Oxford could pay, if they are minded. THe Tribunal members will base their decision on CN's history/record and not how much that club may have in the bank. It does however show that Oxford cannot plead poverty, and seek payments by instalments over a number of years. It would please me and I am sure the Argyle Board if this issue was settled fairly swiftly and well before the League season kicks off.