Ben Purrington | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ben Purrington

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
my thoughts turned to Ben with Argyle playing Rotherham tomorrow, and the prospect of him containing Graham Carey.

Having gone on The Millers website I note he has only made 3 starts this season plus one sub appearance. Does this mean he has dropped down the selection ladder or does he carry a long term injury?

I just hope the Argyle has his welding gear in order for when the players come off the pitch tomorrow!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
He picked up a hamstring injury in September, he's coming back to full fitness but probably won't be fit enough to play against us.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ben was a good player for us but we got a decent amount of money for him & we've got 2 good left backs now in Sawyer and ATS, had no real issue when we let him go.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":2essqg8q said:
Ben was a good player for us but we got a decent amount of money for him & we've got 2 good left backs now in Sawyer and ATS, had no real issue when we let him go.
Would have Ben over both personally.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Steve.PAFC2012":1pe6yjfd said:
Cobi Budge":1pe6yjfd said:
I wouldn't. I liked Ben and he's probably a better player than both, yes. But he wanted to move on to better things. I don't blame him for that, but Sawyer and Taylor-Sinclair are here because they want to be here so I'd pick them over Ben.

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Argy1e":32pl99q5 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":32pl99q5 said:
Cobi Budge":32pl99q5 said:
I wouldn't. I liked Ben and he's probably a better player than both, yes. But he wanted to move on to better things. I don't blame him for that, but Sawyer and Taylor-Sinclair are here because they want to be here so I'd pick them over Ben.
There is a precedent for a good left back moving to south Yorkshire. Be interesting to know what Jon Beswetherick would have done in hindsight. His move north all but blighted a career that I believe would have blossomed at HP. He was playing out of his skin during that season when he let his contract run down.

Aug 5, 2016
I personally think Ben is better than both Sawyer and ATS, and I preferred what he provided with his overlapping and attacking play. However Ā£450k and Sawyer coming back to fitness made it a no brainer to sell.

Penlee

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Argy1e":13r7u5nn said:
Steve.PAFC2012":13r7u5nn said:
Cobi Budge":13r7u5nn said:

No he didn't

Feb 28, 2016
Penlee":3s95mhcv said:
Argy1e":3s95mhcv said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3s95mhcv said:
Cobi Budge":3s95mhcv said:

No he didn't

X2 and thatā€™s an informed opinion.

Gary Sawyer also did the same thing remember everyone thought he would better himself at Bristol City and then signed for Bristol Rovers!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
If Ben didn't want to leave, he wouldn't have left. Sawyer may have asked to leave in the past, but as things are now, he wants to be here so what happened with him in the past is irrelevant.

Feb 28, 2016
Argy1e":r2rbezdb said:
If Ben didn't want to leave, he wouldn't have left. Sawyer may have asked to leave in the past, but as things are now, he wants to be here so what happened with him in the past is irrelevant.

I feel there is a distinction to made though between, not wanting to be somewhere and not wanting to be somewhere your not wanted.

Argyle have been a massive (and still continuous)part of his and his family life for a very long time. He still sees it as his club, god knows why he still feels any love for it after the dogs abuse he got.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Perhaps he appreciates the fact that Argyle allowed him to go because they, unlike Rotherham, they could not afford what they could pay him.
As for ā€˜dogs abuseā€™, I really donā€™t understand that. I am sure that if he plays for Rotherham here in April 2018, he will get a good reception from the majority of Argyle supporters.
Mark, your posts seem to have changed from very informative to very unsupportive of our club.

Feb 28, 2016
davie nine":gqaa9a00 said:
Perhaps he appreciates the fact that Argyle allowed him to go because they, unlike Rotherham, they could not afford what they could pay him.
As for ā€˜dogs abuseā€™, I really donā€™t understand that. I am sure that if he plays for Rotherham here in April 2018, he will get a good reception from the majority of Argyle supporters.
Mark, your posts seem to have changed from very informative to very unsupportive of our club.

Davie if your not on social media outside of a moderated football forum, then you may not be aware of how bad it was much of it directed directly to him on his personal accounts.

Iā€™m not unsportive of the club, just the current custodians, whilst I accept there is little alternative with regard to the board I still find them frustrating thatā€™s not to say I donā€™t like them as people, just not enjoying what we are seeing under them and in my 20+ years, their last two managers have been by some distance my least two favourite.