Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 30 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":1u4g2otp said:
You can’t blame Toums for wanting to be closer to his family and in all walks of life, football included, money talks. Combine family and money and it’s hard to see a reason to stay if you take the green tinted specs off.

I don’t agree with people questioning the budget though. We have no idea as to the details of these talks, or the talks he may have had with other clubs. We don’t even know who the other clubs are. We can’t compete we everyone and I’m Bury aren’t in to contention to sign him.

For me, he’s one of our best players. His football brain is head and shoulders above the rest of the team and it’s easy to see why there’s been interest. He’s pretty slow for a central midfield these days but he reads the game incredibly well and does the simple things right on a consistent basis. I don’t think you can say the same for any of our other players.

He seems to have really taken to the club and the fans him. I’ve really enjoyed watching him play and wish him luck should Saturday be his last game. Hopefully it isn’t.

If it is though Adams has a big task on his hands in finding a replacement. It struck me as an opportunistic signin at the time, when we really needed a change. Perhaps Toums was waiting through the window to evaluate his options? Whether or not a suitable replacement is available I don’t know but Adams will need to find one. Hopefully he’s already started looking.

Good summary of the situation. Those pointing to a lack of budget are just using an easy and obvious stick to criticise Brent, nothing more.

He's a Championship standard player playing in league one, 200 miles from home. It was always going to be incredibily difficult to keep him.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
He's still an Argyle player at the minute!

Have we learnt nothing from Adams' reign? When he knows, we know. Nothing slips out at all which wasnt so in the past.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
This sounds mad but is there anything we can do as fans? I think we should stage some kind of protest or show of support for Toums. Sometimes it's not just about the money, and if there's any way we as fans can do something in that Bury game, surely we should do it. Maybe mark the 32nd minute with a rapturous round of applause or something?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Stuart House":3ukum5th said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":3ukum5th said:
You can’t blame Toums for wanting to be closer to his family and in all walks of life, football included, money talks. Combine family and money and it’s hard to see a reason to stay if you take the green tinted specs off.

I don’t agree with people questioning the budget though. We have no idea as to the details of these talks, or the talks he may have had with other clubs. We don’t even know who the other clubs are. We can’t compete we everyone and I’m Bury aren’t in to contention to sign him.

For me, he’s one of our best players. His football brain is head and shoulders above the rest of the team and it’s easy to see why there’s been interest. He’s pretty slow for a central midfield these days but he reads the game incredibly well and does the simple things right on a consistent basis. I don’t think you can say the same for any of our other players.

He seems to have really taken to the club and the fans him. I’ve really enjoyed watching him play and wish him luck should Saturday be his last game. Hopefully it isn’t.

If it is though Adams has a big task on his hands in finding a replacement. It struck me as an opportunistic signin at the time, when we really needed a change. Perhaps Toums was waiting through the window to evaluate his options? Whether or not a suitable replacement is available I don’t know but Adams will need to find one. Hopefully he’s already started looking.

Good summary of the situation. Those pointing to a lack of budget are just using an easy and obvious stick to criticise Brent, nothing more.

He's a Championship standard player playing in league one, 200 miles from home. It was always going to be incredibily difficult to keep him.

Exactly, but we must remember he was formerly with a Championship club who released him. It is very hard for Argyle to compete wages-wise with a Championship club in view of the level of seasonal grants they get as compared to Division One and Two. Whatever will be will be. He played well for us, but there is always the chance that a Club in the Championship will release to a respected club like Argyle, a midfielder on loan [and support his wages] until the end of the season. Hope springs eternal or something like that!

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think it's unfair to say he's head and shoulders above ALL our players. I'd put Fox in the same category for experience, ability to read the game, confidence on the ball and calm leadership. Having two like that in midfield has made all the difference.

Jul 13, 2006
vibratingspider":1n5rb8p0 said:
This sounds mad but is there anything we can do as fans? I think we should stage some kind of protest or show of support for Toums. Sometimes it's not just about the money, and if there's any way we as fans can do something in that Bury game, surely we should do it. Maybe mark the 32nd minute with a rapturous round of applause or something?

Not mad at all. He needs to be shown he is wanted here. Does he fully get that vibe at the moment.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
foreigner":2l9xu2l3 said:
vibratingspider":2l9xu2l3 said:

Not mad at all. He needs to be shown he is wanted here. Does he fully get that vibe at the moment.

I think 32nd minute rapturous applause, and "We want you to stay" to be sung for the whole 90 minutes too?

How do these kind of things normally get organised?

Sometimes it can make all the difference.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Seriously get a grip.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
vibratingspider":198lireh said:
foreigner":198lireh said:
vibratingspider":198lireh said:

I think 32nd minute rapturous applause, and "We want you to stay" to be sung for the whole 90 minutes too?

How do these kind of things normally get organised?

Sometimes it can make all the difference.
I love the sentiment expressed here but professional football is a hard an uncompromising place. This is the other end of the spectrum from loyal and settled players being released when the club has finished with them. How popular he is with the crowd will be low on his list of considerations. And his agent, even further removed from the obvious admiration from our supporters, will certainly not lose any sleep over advising a player to move on to increase his salary (and his agent's fee).

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lesley Somerville":2ijue2nw said:
I think it's unfair to say he's head and shoulders above ALL our players. I'd put Fox in the same category for experience, ability to read the game, confidence on the ball and calm leadership. Having two like that in midfield has made all the difference.

Absolutely agree with you. I had just read Frazer's comments and was about to post the same when I noticed yours.
I believe that his comment was an insult to David Fox who has used those skills for us for the last 18 months and is probably more important to us than Toums.
I like Toums and hope that he stays but there is no need to exaggerate his importance when we have someone with similar qualities who has proved his worth over a much longer period.

Mar 8, 2016
Stuart House":3czr7w1h said:
Tugboat":3czr7w1h said:
Seriously get a grip.

Couple of extra thousand a week and live near my family ..... oh no wait they clapped a lot at my last game :facepalm:

Haha so funny and very cringeworthy. To be fair though these guys just want what's best for the team they support so passionately. Just unfortunately chanting his name and blowing smoke up his arse isn't going to help in this situation, he's fully aware the fans rate him, he obviously likes playing for argyle but money and family circumstances will always win, and rightly so.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Toums seemed to be a player well suited to our needs at the moment, and if he goes it will be a significant loss. According to the rumours, he has already gone.

For some reason, I think that this Saturday won't be the last time we will see him in an Argyle shirt. Unsure when.

However, if he does leave now he can be replaced. It will not be an easy gap to fill, but it can be done. However, it needs to be someone who can fit into the team quickly and smoothly, or else we could lose momentum.

Here's hoping.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Army green":2npsq780 said:
Stuart House":2npsq780 said:
Tugboat":2npsq780 said:
Seriously get a grip.

Couple of extra thousand a week and live near my family ..... oh no wait they clapped a lot at my last game :facepalm:

Haha so funny and very cringeworthy. To be fair though these guys just want what's best for the team they support so passionately. Just unfortunately chanting his name and blowing smoke up his arse isn't going to help in this situation, he's fully aware the fans rate him, he obviously likes playing for argyle but money and family circumstances will always win, and rightly so.
God, you lot are still as condescending, pessimistic and miserable as ever.

Besides, fan power worked pretty well with Buzsaky so you never know! :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
vibratingspider":hcf1ujda said:
Army green":hcf1ujda said:
Stuart House":hcf1ujda said:
Tugboat":hcf1ujda said:
Seriously get a grip.

God, you lot are still as condescending, pessimistic and miserable as ever.

Besides, fan power worked pretty well with Buzsaky so you never know! :scarf:
I want him to stay as much as the next guy but the fact of the matter is his decision will be made on more pressing factors like family, money, contract etc. He knows he’s appreciated here without the need of some pre-mediated ritual dance and smoke display associated with honouring kings and queens.

Give him time and let it materialise. If he stays fantastic, If he goes we move on.