Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
999mattyg":1pydy7rj said:
Ade the green":1pydy7rj said:
999mattyg":1pydy7rj said:
Ade the green":1pydy7rj said:
chunkymonkey78":1pydy7rj said:
Lundan Cabbie":1pydy7rj said:
Wigan aren't getting parachute payments anymore.

No but they had one very recently.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42542010

Plus they've been bankrolled by Whelan for ages, if and when he goes they could turn into another Blackburn/Birmingham etc.

So what. It’s the rules everyone has had to contend without th for how many years now? And if Whelan wanted the ankrupt himself for Wigan FC it’s his right to do so.

It's a massive 'what' though isn't it?
Hardly a level playing field!
DA. and other managers, are fighting an 'uphill' battle in the transfer market.
Maybe we should bear this in mind when being hyper critical!

What level playing field? Fleetwood have more money than us, Portsmouth have more money than us, Charlton have more money than us,do I go on? There is no level playing field in any league in the world but we have to play the hand we’re dealt.

Clearly I'm talking about 'normal' clubs with 'normal' income streams! Clubs like Fleetwood and Crawley are completely unsustainable when the 'sugar daddy' pulls out. At least the Argyle board are trying to build a sustainable framework with which to build the club. They maybe only able to take the club so far but it will have a sound footing. Something that, we all remember, was sorely lacking before!

I agree but we can’t complain about short termism when we should all remember it was what almost caused our demise.

Just out of interest, was it ever confirmed the GC10 signed a two year contract? And even so, wouldn’t he have a release clause seeing as he seemed reluctant to re-sign?

Nov 25, 2015
I think we should be looking at £1m for him, but obviously wouldn't want him to go even at that price.

To lose two of our best players in January would be an absolute disaster and we'd soon find ourselves back in the relegation mire again.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
I;m sure he will have a release clause in whatever contract he signed. One would hope it would be massively beneficial to the club. If the money was good enough and he wanted out then let him go. One player doesn't make or break a club!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
999mattyg":3pd6ujzj said:
I;m sure he will have a release clause in whatever contract he signed. One would hope it would be massively beneficial to the club. If the money was good enough and he wanted out then let him go. One player doesn't make or break a club!
I think I would be overly naive to think there isn’t a release figure in his contract.

Hopefully it’s not a Plymouth price but difficult to negotiate if stipulated by his agent given the interest and situation at the time.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
He confirmed to the herald in the summer he’d signed for two years. Although knowing the herald that could well be false.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve got a club-activated extra year in the contract as we seem to have done that with a lot of players since Adams came in. There’s probably a relegation release clause in there as well.

Unless it’s written in to the contract we’d have to accept offers of x amount and give a club permission to talk to him, even with Plymouth prices there’s zero to no chance he’d move to another L1 club. In this market he’s surely worth seven figures with 18 months left on his contract.

He was offered more in the summer by other clubs anyway I didn’t go.

P

PL3 Greens

The account that started this rumour on twitter has 60 followers and previously linked Aaron Ramsey with a loan move back to Cardiff and Wayne Rooney to Stoke. I'm going to sleep easy tonight, also linked Carey to Charlton despite the Charlton chairman publicly revealing no money would be spent this window.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
LeonTheGreen":bdk0vtke said:
Isn't he 6 months into a new 2 year deal? Id ask for 2 million plus. Sounds ridiculous but he's irreplaceable for us.
That's not ridiculous at all. He's the highest profile player we've had for years, and I'd happily double the price you've quoted.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Considering Posh have reportedly turned down £3.5 million, and then £4 million, for James Maddison (who is 24 years old), I think £2-£3 million for a 28 year old is a reasonable valuation. Then again, I have no faith that even a fee like that would be re-invested back into the team.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It could however cover the cost of another commercial development idea